View Diary: Gun Control vs Social Security (160 comments)

•  Then you don't need (0+ / 0-)

The sexism, kthxbai.

Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult.

by Loge on Fri Jan 04, 2013 at 12:43:33 PM PST

•  Not really (5+ / 0-)

I don't need it,  but......I kinda understand why it's there. Military culture. It ain't gonna change overnight.
      But you really should stop seizing on one aspect to avoid having to discuss the larger point. It's unbecoming, and speaks that you are incapable of refuting the remainder of what the man said.

Oops? Did I say, "man"?

My apologies. His sexism must have rubbed off on me. >;)

"Everything I do is blown out of proportion. It really hurts my feelings." - Paris Hilton

by kestrel9000 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 at 12:49:25 PM PST

•  There was no argument (0+ / 0-)

in what the man said.  He doesn't feel like complying with a law that hasn't even passed yet.  And we're supposed to believe his gun protects ordered liberty, now in civilian life?

It's not news that gun control is unpopular in some circles, but that's not an argument against it, and it's not a sufficient argument against the politics of pursuing it.  Indeed, I strongly doubt this guy ever voted for Feinstein from his derision towards her, so what is she losing by ignoring him?  There probably won't be registration at the end of the day, so you're derailing the debate by reacting to anything other than the matter at hand -- the public will support the '94 ban, and some additional measures to close some of its glaring holes, and you know it.  I'm not going to credit that tactic.  I can defend registration as necessary to enforce regulations of private sales, but it's too academic to get into detail.

Anyway, I think the fact that you posted it without considering the tone is indicative of other problems worth addressing.  I'm not single issue.

Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult.

by Loge on Fri Jan 04, 2013 at 01:13:22 PM PST

•  This resonated with me: (5+ / 0-)

and I make no apologies for it.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
          I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.
          and, quite frankly, if you don't get that, you're my enemy, and I'll see you in the political arena.

I will not vote for any politician who supports Queen Apparent "for me but not thee" DiFi's fucking monstrous attack on my Constitutional rights.
          That is one hundred percent non negotiable, and if you can't leave it at that, then by all means, fire off the personal attack I know you will now resort to and walk away from, feeling superior just like Queen Dianne,  for no valid reason.

by kestrel9000 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 at 01:45:34 PM PST

•  That was his last job, (0+ / 0-)

Not his current one.  Well-regulated militia, etc.

"Queen" twice is just trolling.  Anyway, I prefer Boxer to Feinstein, so I think there could yet be common ground between us!

Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult.

by Loge on Fri Jan 04, 2013 at 01:53:51 PM PST

•  "Well regulated militia" (6+ / 0-)

You know better than that.

Gawd, these "armed guards in schools" folks.....damn 'em, they're no better than the "ban guns" crowd.

It's two sides of the same coin. The hell of it is, both sides think they mean well.

Shit.

The extremists on both sides make it hard for reasonable people to talk.

Seriously, I hate this shit. I used to love blogging. Any more, it begins to seem like an obligation and a pain in the ass.

by kestrel9000 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 at 01:58:21 PM PST