View Diary: Taking Back The House 2014: Michele Bachmann (206 comments)

•  Not a moderate (1+ / 0-)
    MichaelNY

he's like Lugar, only moderate relative to his caucus.

20, CA-18 (home), CA-13 (school)
    politicohen.com
    Socially libertarian, moderate on foreign policy, immigration, and crime, liberal on everything else.
    UC Berkeley; I think I'm in the conservative half of this city. -.5.38, -3.23

by jncca on Sun Jan 06, 2013 at 04:13:50 PM PST

•  How many Republicans in the House (0+ / 0-)

were to his left?

Formerly Pan on Swing State Project

by MichaelNY on Sun Jan 06, 2013 at 05:11:53 PM PST

•  DW Nominate says (1+ / 0-)
        MichaelNY

Chris Smith, Frank LoBiondo, Pat Meehan, Dave Reichert, and Richard Hanna.

20, CA-18 (home), CA-13 (school)
        politicohen.com
        UC Berkeley; I think I'm in the conservative half of this city. -.5.38, -3.23

by jncca on Sun Jan 06, 2013 at 07:48:36 PM PST

•  If he was the 6th least conservative (0+ / 0-)

That almost has to make him a moderate, in the context of today's House Republican Caucus. Was Senator Lugar equally friendly to unions?

Formerly Pan on Swing State Project

by MichaelNY on Mon Jan 07, 2013 at 02:28:11 AM PST

•  No, but he was very anti-NRA (1+ / 0-)
            MichaelNY

20, CA-18 (home), CA-13 (school)
            politicohen.com
            UC Berkeley; I think I'm in the conservative half of this city. -.5.38, -3.23

by jncca on Tue Jan 08, 2013 at 03:11:52 PM PST

•  Smith is a "moderate," except on abortion (1+ / 0-)
          MichaelNY

He's in the Todd Akin category when it comes to women's health issues.

•  Smith is not a moderate (0+ / 0-)

When it comes to abortion, he is worse than Todd Akin and started the trend of redefining rape.

I wish I could have seen him gone in 2012, especially considering he's my new congressman (screw you redistricting).

•  Marcy Kaptur is pro-life and she is still (1+ / 0-)
            MichaelNY

a very strong liberal.  being extreme on one issue does not mean you are not a moderate on most issues.

20, CA-18 (home), CA-13 (school)
            politicohen.com

• Spam (23)
  • Congress (23)
  • Barack Obama (22)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Labor (22)
  • Science (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Texas (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site