View Diary: Larry Klayman calls for revolution to overthrow Obama (232 comments)

•  He did some things (0+ / 0-)

Although not in the Padilla case.  I think the point is that Obama is not nearly sensitive enough to the very real civil liberties issues his policies implicate.

But I adore the metaphor at the end!

Hay hombres que luchan un dia, y son buenos Hay otros que luchan un año, y son mejores Hay quienes luchan muchos años, y son muy buenos. Pero hay los que luchan toda la vida. Esos son los imprescendibles.

by Mindful Nature on Mon Jan 07, 2013 at 12:12:49 PM PST

•  "He did some things." (1+ / 0-)
      Trobone

OK. Step back to the beginning of the thread where this guy said this WND douche calling for revolution had a point. Do the "some things" Obama did remotely justify said WND douche's call for armed revolution in your eyes?

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another. -- Jonathan Swift

by raptavio on Mon Jan 07, 2013 at 12:48:23 PM PST

•  The point is not supporting armed revolution (1+ / 0-)
        Pluto

which I do not support here. But I do support harsh criticism for how our government has been operating, not only since the Patriot act, but the ridiculous resolution to the blatantly stolen election of 2000.  It was sickening that most Americans thought it was no big deal. At least not important enough anyway to get up off their complacent duffs and protest it vociferously and with passion.

There are very few subjects which do not interest or fascinate me.

by NYFM on Mon Jan 07, 2013 at 01:34:28 PM PST

•  That's all well and good. (0+ / 0-)

But this is a diary about a cretin from WingNutDaily calling for an armed insurrection against the government of the United States, and in particular, president Obama.

And you expressed sympathy for said cretin's point of view.

Do you understand why people might be giving you the hairy eyeball about this?

Please note: "Obama" is not spelled B-U-S-H.

by raptavio on Mon Jan 07, 2013 at 02:17:56 PM PST

•  Two points (o.k., I lied. Three points) (0+ / 0-)

First, I'm giving you the secret Don Quixote handshake!

Second, I hadn't read it to mean that the call for revolution is right, I think in part because that seems so absurd that it couldn't be what he meant.

I read it rather to be an expression of the "stopped clock" theory, that even a nutcase dingbat can have some kernels of reality buried deep under the layers of rantings.

Here, I take it to mean that the Obama admiinstrations rather cavalier attitude toward civil liberties has given fodder for this sort of thing.

I suppose as a third point, I don't think any of us are under any illusion that if Obama had done everythign perfectly  this guy would be happy and go on his way whistling merrily.  All Obama had to do is beat his guy or block his view of the proper universe.

by Mindful Nature on Mon Jan 07, 2013 at 02:09:04 PM PST

•  I have a hard time (2+ / 0-)
          Pluto, doroma

agreeing that this President's attitude towards civil liberties is 'cavalier.'

He stopped torture. Period.

He tried to close Guantanamo, but was blocked.

He has targeted and killed US Citizens who were acting as enemy combatants in theatres of combat (Al-Awlaki) but has NOT imprisoned anyone, citizen or otherwise, on US sovereign soil without due process.

Etc.

Regardless, certainly a diary about a dangerously seditious wingnut is not the right place to be discussing the  "stopped clock" merits of his argument, wouldn't you say?

by raptavio on Mon Jan 07, 2013 at 02:21:33 PM PST