View Diary: 12 Charts Show HOW Trickle-Down Fails, Gross Income Inequality, and WHY You feel pinched (18 comments)

•  Well, jamess (4+ / 0-)

Twitter is a great way to get the research we do out to a broader audience.

You have to get on board with #hastags etc and really good at headline writing, but I've had as many as 3,000 views.  Sadly, the view count no longer shows on my diaries.  Is this the same for everyone?

Also, having a steel trap of a mind, I benefit from the research and work put into a diary.

So, please keep up the great work.

Do you twitter?

It's difficult to be happy knowing so many suffer. We must unite.

by War on Error on Tue Jan 08, 2013 at 09:06:47 PM PST

•  :nods: (2+ / 0-)
      jamess, War on Error

twitter brought me here tonight, I check in every so often but  not usually this time of night. MoT retweeted it.

-7.75, -6.05 And these wars; they can't be won Does anyone know or care how they begun?-Matt Bellamy

by nicolemm on Tue Jan 08, 2013 at 09:42:47 PM PST

•  no I don't (1+ / 0-)
      War on Error

can't really figure it out.  (or figure out the point of it.)

it seems like so much noise.

Kind of like the Recent List here On Steroids.

With paragraph sized cryptic blurbs racing by,

that are hardly worth the time to click open and decipher.

Most leave me saying Huh?

If I wanted to listen to a thousand people all talking at once,
      I'll go to a football game.

Celebs like it, I guess.  Makes them feel like they're talking cleverly to their fans.

Here's how the game is really Rigged.

by jamess on Tue Jan 08, 2013 at 11:23:01 PM PST

•  I was intimidated for a while (1+ / 0-)
        jamess

but dove in.  It's easy to sign up.

As a research buff you will love the search engine on twitter, although not perfect.

I use it to help research something I am working on.

For instance, I am working on Ireland, gathering stuff.  I go to twitter search #Belfast and get a look at what the people are chatting about.

A great research tool.

There are wonderful progressives.  You get to choose what you see by "following" the people you want.  If someone pops up you don't want, you simply "block" them.

In short, you choose what streams on your personalized twitter stream

Thanks for the years of chatting.

Friend
        WOE

It's difficult to be happy knowing so many suffer. We must unite.

by War on Error on Wed Jan 09, 2013 at 07:27:29 AM PST

•  I've tried a few times, (1+ / 0-)
          War on Error

maybe I'll try again and based on your recommendation, WoE;

I never did figure out the search engine,
          although I did start following some folks (Markos was interesting; Katrina VH too)

and the Trending Topics I was starting to get it,
          but Google News is more useful to me in that regard.
          (I don't think I ever got one story idea, for watching Twitter.)

But, all the # and @ and double-tuck back-flips -- drove me batty.  was about when I left.

thanks for being so dedicated to progressive reporting and explaining to people what they need to know, WoE.
          thanks for being there and doing what you do, it's inspiring.

it has been a bright spot for me, being your on-line friend.
          Hopefully we make a difference, somehow.

Here's how the game is really Rigged.

by jamess on Wed Jan 09, 2013 at 04:51:55 PM PST

•  You are so kind. Thank you for the encouragement (1+ / 0-)
            jamess

Twitter is vastly flexible.  I don't sit and watch the stream, either.

I use the search engine.  It works like most do.

Put "around phrase" or just search for a word, etc the same.

What is unique with twitter is the use of what are called hashtags.  #Hashtag

The number sign attached to a word like #Fracking.

I like hashtags BECAUSE they help those interested in something to find what is happening, etc.

The search window for twitter is upper right hand corner ish

Twitter Search

If/when you go there, follow me - @occupygreed

And when you publish a diary on a subject, you can tweet it.  I sometimes do a twitter search for the topic of the diary, Click on Tweet
            Copy the tweet
            Go to Twitter
            Search for the topic
            Look for a couple of news sources
            click on Reply and paste the tweet

This way, a larger audience can see the information.

Let me know your twitter name if/when you do, K?

Let's keep chipping away.

It's difficult to be happy knowing so many suffer. We must unite.

by War on Error on Wed Jan 09, 2013 at 05:56:39 PM PST

•  K (1+ / 0-)
              War on Error

I'm now following @occupygreed  (nice charts)

I just "tweeted you"

thanks for the explanations it does help.

Use it like a search engine resource.

Don't sit there and watch the feeds, ok
              (that's what I was doing -- it always gave me a headache, in short order.)

I'm what you call a newbie, I guess.

Here's how the game is really Rigged.

by jamess on Wed Jan 09, 2013 at 06:16:55 PM PST

•  Good morning. I signed off early last night (1+ / 0-)
                jamess

Still fighting this flu bug.

Welcome to twitter!

I followed back.

May I also recommend following

@dailykos
                @kos

Try a couple of experiments.

Pick one of your fav diaries, open it, click on tweet,

I picked this one

The House 67: Roll Call -- Hurricane Sandy's Hall of Shame http://www.dailykos.com/... via @dailykos

and tweeked it to add my style and your twitter avi

‏RT @James_Siebert <> The House 67: Roll Call -- Hurricane Sandy's Hall of Shame <> http://www.dailykos.com/... via @dailykos

And clicked on TWEET

You should see it on your twitter account.  To do so, look at the pic of Twitter above.  See the connect option to the right of HOME.  CONNECT is where you will see any/all tweets that included your avi name.

I often go through my list of diaries and pick one if the subject is being discussed and tweet it.  Truth is timeless.

Let me know if you have any questions, K?  Off for coffee and some chores.

WOE

It's difficult to be happy knowing so many suffer. We must unite.

by War on Error on Thu Jan 10, 2013 at 07:42:05 AM PST