View Diary: Overnight News Digest - Lighter Side (55 comments)

•  HoundDog (17+ / 0-)

Yes I concur with Oke`s great post.
    I also posted a response to your comment from last night you may want to check out.
    In that spirit, a shot I just took minutes ago within the parameters of my posted comment.
    This shall be my image for tonight.

A Fluorescing Green Tube Anemone

GREEN TUBE ANEMONE DSCN6597
    The series I shot tonight will probably be shown in the next few OND`s since I`m quite pressed for time, due to time constraints.
    Enjoy & good evening.

Thank you Oke.

I`m already against the next war.

by Knucklehead on Wed Jan 09, 2013 at 09:18:35 PM PST

•  The amazement and appreciation of your photos (11+ / 0-)

never cease for me.
      Best wishes for a good evening for you, too.

It's your victories that give you your confidence but it's your setbacks that give you your character. -Van Jones

by Oke on Wed Jan 09, 2013 at 09:20:31 PM PST

•  Wow. (10+ / 0-)

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Wed Jan 09, 2013 at 09:40:16 PM PST

•  Wow, this is amazing Knucklehead. In the spirit (13+ / 0-)

of conversation some of us, including you, wader, maggiejean, and some other were having about taking any one of a couple dozen comments, and adding some photos and hook and kicker paragraphs, in your case if we took a few or you astonishing photos and added a few paragraphs on how you produce these photos you'd top the rec list in minutes, I'm sure.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Wed Jan 09, 2013 at 09:46:02 PM PST

•  HoundDog (6+ / 0-)

You are very nice saying that.
        I`m more of a responder than a presenter since I am so booked up time-wise right now, I should even be in bed sleeping right now.
        My project will not last forever & I`d be very pleased to write up some promised diaries on reefing, photography, custom woodworking, cactus horticulture & how to train parrots, not to mention my seafaring/pirate adventures & then my travels as a biker (still) & my years as a migrant worker.
        I have a very full life history that is ongoing & I never know where it will twist & turn to.
        Those are a bit of the good parts.
        I have some very bad parts also, but that`s what I keep working on.
        I hope to take a bit of a respite when this project I`m on winds down, in a few more months.
        I never plan my future, as it seems to always be a continuation of my past, which since yesterday & my past years, I have no control over.
        No one knows about my archives & writings & my only fear is that one day I shall forget my past.
        Right now I`m planning on how to relinquish my secret holdings, my unknown photographic files in 7 external hard drives,(numbering in the hundreds of thousands) my extensive collection of tools, & my museum quality collection of artwork, sculptures, African art, Chinese clay teapot collection, exotic woods, & how do I provide for my dogs, my parrots, & my exotic corals & fish, some of which I`ve cared for for over 20 years.
        How does one plan that out when I`ve never planned anything in my life.
        I always woke up to find out what a new day would bring.
        I live in paradise & I always thought paradise never ended, & for me it might not.
        I`ll find out won`t I, or I`ll be taking the

Night Flight
        Dusk Flight DSCN9642
        Taken from my deck, where I enjoy the sunset every single evening, while listening to the booming of the crashing waves below the bluffs beyond my canyon yard.

Is that too cool for school!!

I`m already against the next war.

by Knucklehead on Wed Jan 09, 2013 at 10:46:39 PM PST

•  That's not "cool", it's what I'd call heaven (3+ / 0-)
          Knucklehead, maggiejean, wader

if it was up to me to create heaven. :-)
          When I lived in CA taking sunset photos was a passion, I have a thousand-plus of just sunsets.

oh, how I would have listened to me and not others and stayed put. The positive side is I had the moments to take those photos and can always enjoy them.
          Someday, I will return.

by Oke on Thu Jan 10, 2013 at 12:03:15 PM PST

•  Wow! That is really neat. (5+ / 0-)

if a habitat is flooded, the improvement for target fishes increases by an infinite percentage...because a habitat suitability index that is even a tiny fraction of 1 is still infinitely higher than zero, which is the suitability of dry land to fishes.

by mrsgoo on Wed Jan 09, 2013 at 10:22:05 PM PST

• Recommended (124)
  • Community (60)
  • Elections (31)
  • Media (31)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (30)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Republicans (21)
  • Economy (19)
  • Labor (19)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Bernie Sanders (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site