View Diary: RKBA: A point or two (900 comments)

•  After reading this diary (7+ / 0-)

I wonder if that might not actually BE the case. :)

"Everything I do is blown out of proportion. It really hurts my feelings." - Paris Hilton

by kestrel9000 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 at 09:14:11 AM PST

•  I know you (6+ / 0-)

At least, I recollect 1st meeting you here. You have been around dKos for quite some time. Your very 1st reply to me, you shared some really quality pics of some of your rigs.

You have a very nice, and a very impressive collection!

I notice that you seem to not mind getting beat up here too.

I guess I am a bit of a chicken.

No more gooper LITE!

by krwada on Fri Jan 11, 2013 at 09:22:41 AM PST

•  Yeah, been around since '05. (4+ / 0-)
        KVoimakas, krwada, gerrilea, PavePusher

Rigs, though? Don't recall that.

by kestrel9000 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 at 09:27:50 AM PST

•  Rigs (4+ / 0-)
          gerrilea, ancblu, PavePusher, BlackSheep1

That is just another name for guns.

Actually, the term rig is mostly used for long guns.

I remember you posting a reply to one of my comments where there were a few pics of you displaying your firearms. It was a pretty nice collection, if I remember correctly.

A name like kestrel9000 is not forgotten very easily ... at least by me.

It was your reply, many years ago, that convinced me that there are Dems who take the 2nd amendment, and responsible firearms ownership as seriously as I do.

No more gooper LITE!

by krwada on Fri Jan 11, 2013 at 09:38:49 AM PST

•  Nah, I've never had a huge collection. (6+ / 0-)

I remember posting once a pic of someone's insane computer room full of guns, but that was an internet find.
            I once posted a pic of myself holding a Beretta CX4 at a gun show...I bet that's what it was. I took some pix of tables at a gun show and posted them. That was like in 2006.

by kestrel9000 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 at 09:47:03 AM PST

•  2006 (4+ / 0-)
              KVoimakas, ancblu, PavePusher, BlackSheep1

Yes that was it. You were holding a Beretta CX4. I thought you owned the CX4. I really want to add one of these to my collection.

I almost 'pulled the trigger' to purchase the CX4. It really is a nice pistol carbine. I would get the one that can shoot the .45 ACP. This is because I already load for that round.

The problem is that California just may stiffen the restriction on their AWB even further and make it such that I cannot take the thing to the range to shoot it.

Also, I thought that table of guns you posted was from your collection. Oh well!

To me, guns are not something to place in a locked glass case in your home museum. They are meant to take to the range ... alot! I am a regular at my local range here in the Bay Area.

No more gooper LITE!

by krwada on Fri Jan 11, 2013 at 10:10:28 AM PST

•  No use for safe queens either! :) (3+ / 0-)
                krwada, ancblu, BlackSheep1

by kestrel9000 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 at 10:16:38 AM PST

•  Ugh. I recently sold (3+ / 0-)
                  PavePusher, BlackSheep1, KVoimakas

an HK P30 in 9mm that is a very fine handgun but had become just a safe queen.  I'm still conflicted on giving that one up.

And by the way ... it was sold with buyer ID provided and noted on a written bill of sale that declared no legal impairment of the buyer to purchase or own the firearm.