View Diary: With troops headed home, time to rebuild America, Obama says in weekly address (54 comments)

•  The above example wasn't even the worst (3+ / 0-)

I've seen some where the only parts of Obama's face that were in the frame were from his forehead to his chin. It had this creepy "Big Brother" quality to it that I had a hard time believing was due to lousy editing.

I've long sensed that CSPAN has a subtle but clear RW tilt, especially in its programming, which while certainly containing much progressive content, has tended to have much more conservative content, and engaged in much false equivalence, e.g. "If we're going to have Katrina vandel Heuvel on, then we have to have Ann Coulter on too". It's WJ guests tend to skew right, with the average guest being a center-right insider pimping establishment mantra.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 07:49:53 AM PST

•  SHAME. Brian Lamb is having a shitfit somewhere. (1+ / 0-)
      kovie

They haven't jumped to answer my twitted query either. I assume the worst.

I ♥ President Obama. ~ Yes, we did. Again.
      NOW: Hands off SocSec, Medicare and Medicaid. NO Grand Bargain.
      Rich pay a bit more. DoD take a bit less. End war on Afghanistan sooner.

by OleHippieChick on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 08:13:15 AM PST

•  I always assumed that Lamb leaned right (0+ / 0-)

Worked for Nixon and all.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 08:32:13 AM PST

•  I first made acquaintance with c-span (0+ / 0-)

when they broadcast the Iran-Contra flapdoodle. Lamb was devotedly non-partisan and made a point of stressing the neutrality of c-span. They had a rep.

I ♥ President Obama. ~ Yes, we did. Again.
          NOW: Hands off SocSec, Medicare and Medicaid. NO Grand Bargain.
          Rich pay a bit more. DoD take a bit less. End war on Afghanistan sooner.

by OleHippieChick on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 08:43:47 AM PST

•  Me too, glued to it in college (0+ / 0-)

But that was live coverage of congressional hearings, which doesn't lend itself to much bias. I'm talking about how they fill up all that time when congress is not in session and there's only so much taped congressional proceedings you can show. E.g. guests on WJ, panels, book readings, etc. These, IMO, have tended to lean somewhat right for years, well before Lamb retired.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 08:56:28 AM PST

•  Yes, WJ infuriated me many many times (1+ / 0-)
              kovie

over the years. I don't watch anymore but can believe, like all else, that it's worse than ever.

I ♥ President Obama. ~ Yes, we did. Again.
              NOW: Hands off SocSec, Medicare and Medicaid. NO Grand Bargain.
              Rich pay a bit more. DoD take a bit less. End war on Afghanistan sooner.

by OleHippieChick on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 09:08:53 AM PST