View Diary: The fine line between vigilance and paranoia (20 comments)

•  LOL (3+ / 0-)
    HoundDog, Phil S 33, ExStr8

well, my dang-bot gots this nervous tick

-- it has this compulsive impulse to try to reply nicely,
    to almost each and every comment ...

wooo ...  wait a minute!

Here's how the game is really Rigged.

by jamess on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 12:20:53 PM PST

•  I've been having a lot of suspicious behavior (2+ / 0-)
      jamess, ExStr8

lately myself.

Like compulsive urges to write post about large solar energy, galaxies and cosmic structures.  Just as I finished the one yesterday on galaxies I found some reports on the largest cosmic structure every discovered.

I've totally written up with pics and everything, but am concerned if I post another so soon, people might suspect I'm either possessed by or working for inter-galactic beings.

Especially, not that you've got everyone hopped up about lack of optimal  levels of vigilance - not to much, not too little, but just the right amount. The Goldilocks Solution..

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 12:30:06 PM PST

•  that's bot-picious activity, for sure (1+ / 0-)
        HoundDog

what are you trying to promote, anyways

a one harmonious universe plot!?

----------

Vigilance IS a valid instinct,

but it should be based on a valid threat.

One that is clear and present and dangerous,

and factually demonstrable.

Otherwise it's just so-much wasted psychic energy,
        that promotes neither peace, nor opportunity.

Nor our common humanity. IMO.

Here's how the game is really Rigged.

by jamess on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 12:37:27 PM PST

•  This is exactly what I want to know. (0+ / 0-)
          that's bot-picious activity, for sure (0+ / 0-)
          what are you trying to promote, anyways

a one harmonious universe plot!?

From my investigations, so far, what I can gather from the emerging evidence in my last several posts is that I'm unconsciously trying to spread the idea that stellar energy and forces are good and beautiful things we should by happy about.

Exactly the kinds of messages intergalactic beings might want to spread in advance of some invasion.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 12:43:29 PM PST

•  Here's the intro to a post that is emerging in my (2+ / 0-)
          jamess, Catte Nappe

que, that seems to be writing itself while I watch TV.

Photobucket

After writing a post yesterday on amazing photos of galaxies, a reader send me a link to this story on the largest cosmic structure every discovered. I've been trying really hard all morning to find something other than enormous cosmic structures to write about, lest I get typecast. But, alas, I slept in late, and all the good non-cosmic stories seem to already be posted. So please forgive me for telling you about the Biggest Structure in the Universe Explained, by Karl Tate, that seems to defy the Cosmological Principle, proposed by Albert Einstein, that postulates structures this large should not be possible.

Astronomers have discovered a huge formation of 73 quasars representing the largest structure yet observed in the universe.

The quasar group is very distant, and therefore existed when the universe was much younger than it is now. A quasar is a very energetic black-hole-powered galactic nucleus. Quasars first appeared in the very early universe, soon after the Big Bang. The light from a quasar is so intense that it can be visible from across the universe.  ...

The currently accepted Cosmological Principle, based on the work of Albert Einstein, suggests that the largest structures we should be able to find would be about 370 megaparsecs across (more than 1.2 billion light-years). The newly found quasar group is 1,200 megaparsecs across, a distance that would take four billion years to cross at the speed of light.

The largest structures that we know that are close to Earth are super clusters of galaxies surrounding vast voids in space. The Sloan Great Wall is the largest such structure and is at the top end of the size limit set by the Cosmological Principle.

So, Jamess, doesn't this seem pretty suspicious to you too?  I suppose since there only seem to be a dozen or so folks reading right now, it might be the best time to get it out of my system, but capacity for rational posting decisions may be compromised.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 12:53:26 PM PST

•  lol, that's hard to imagine HD (1+ / 0-)
            HoundDog

your posts are always rational and fact-based,

even when they're being awe-inspiring and whimical.

you might find this intriguing, (my meager attempts at the same)

What's the Frequency, Cosmos?
            by jamess -- Dec 24, 2012

then again, if you have all these Dials and precise Dial-settings, does that automatically imply a Dial-setter?

some chain of questions, eventually hit that brick wall,
            at the edge of the universe,
            otherwise known as the human condition.

Here's how the game is really Rigged.

by jamess on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 01:04:06 PM PST

•  Very cool post. (1+ / 0-)
              jamess

Great music embeds.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 01:19:53 PM PST

•  Now you causing me to remember that Close (1+ / 0-)
              jamess

Encounters of a Third Kind movie, where certain "extra-sensitive" souls received astral plane messages to prepare for the arrive of the aliens.

Is it coincidence that you just posted this question of Cosmic Frequency just last month?

I think not!

This pretty much nearly proves my suspicions.

And, wouldn't one of the implications of this theory that our universe being of "lower entropy" than suspected suggest that seemingly random events may have hidden order "behind" them? If not behind, then maybe under, over, or near by? It could be all relative to the the state of consciousness the observer was looking from.

I'd better go check the recent post lists. If eXtina, poopdog, teacherken, or some else posts about this colossal cosmic structure while we've been talking it will be all the proof we need.

I can't believe what a slow news day it is.  I really have looked all over to find something to write about other than this.

I thought I found a could with with the Homeland Security warning people to turn of the Java extensions to our browsers, but then discovered there was a top rec post up all day yesterday on it already.

People should be jumping up and down about demanding that the GOP not be allowed to get away with substituting social spending cuts for defense spending, but all the articles about that are sort of limp, and I don't have the energy or motivation to write a real scathing one now that the aliens seems to have tuned into to such a large part of my subconscious creative zones.

At least I'm not so desperate yet that I start a live blog of the AFC NFL playoffs.  But, lets see how I hold up.

Two nights ago David Letterman made some jokes about some naked subway event in the NYC transit system. Maybe I'll see if that's been posted.  Oh, and I think a Panda in a zoo in China had gas to the delight of visitors and local TV stations. That could be a top rec'cer if I could get this up quick and tap into  the daily pootie and woozle readers while they still have some pep left in them.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi