View Diary: White House Responds: No Secession Today Boys (211 comments)

•  No, not much better (2+ / 0-)
    George Hier, JayRaye

The real unemployment rate is still around 15%.

So when is Obama's next meeting about the unemployment crisis?  I'd like to watch it on CSPAN.

Democratic Leaders must be very clear they stand with the working class of our country. Democrats must hold the line in demanding that deficit reduction is done fairly -- not on the backs of the elderly, the sick, children and the poor.

by Betty Pinson on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 05:18:43 PM PST

•  Nonsense. (5+ / 0-)

Blame the Republicans, where blame belongs for not passing Jobs legislation.

"We have done nothing to be ashamed of. We have nothing to apologize for." NRA 12/14/2012

by bontemps2012 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 05:51:17 PM PST

•  Obama made promises during his campaign (0+ / 0-)

He needs to start living up to them.  There's much he can do in the Executive Branch, particularly where unfair trade, etc. are concerned.

Unfortunately, those are under the auspices of Treasury, where he just appointed another underling who supports shipping jobs overseas.

by Betty Pinson on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 06:46:45 PM PST

•  Wrong, much Better (2+ / 0-)
      Gary Norton, raincrow

I guess you think Obama can snap his fingers and create jobs.  You seem to invest him with magic powers he's refusing to use.

We were losing 800k amonth, now.were gaining.  Much better.

But please, proceed with your pissing.  It will only become more evident to everyone what yr agenda is.

This post is dedicated to myself, without whom, I'd be somebody else. Though I'd still be an asshole. My Music: [http://www.myspace.com/beetwasher]

by Beetwasher on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 06:38:28 PM PST

•  Actually, there are quite a few things (1+ / 0-)
        JayRaye

he can do within the Executive Branch, especially where unfair trade practices are concerned.

He also has the power to issue regulations to government contractors and subcontractors about using domestic labor. We've been waiting several years for him to do that, no luck so far.

by Betty Pinson on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 06:48:47 PM PST

•  Are We Creating Jobs At A Much Higher rate? (1+ / 0-)
          Gary Norton

Yes, yes we are.

If only Obama would just listen to YOU! My, things would be so much better, because I mean , who could deny your myriad of exceptional accomplishments!

by Beetwasher on Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 07:13:36 PM PST