View Diary: What Aaron Swartz did at MIT (53 comments)

•  "There may be hope for [me]"? (0+ / 0-)

Lovely.  How generous of you.

Your high horse had a severely-broken leg, you just didn't know it ... and now refuse to acknowledge it.  So be it, the facts are there for all to see.

Swartz thought he was smart enough to get away with committing major crimes, crimes which carried the same sentence no matter who perpetrated them; he was wrong and could not deal with the consequences.   Had it been anyone else, he would have been called cowardly.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein

by Neuroptimalian on Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 03:26:18 PM PST

•  "Crimes which carried the same sentence (0+ / 0-)

no matter who perpetrated them"?

Anywhere between 4 months and 35 years for the same crime by the same person?  Do you ever reread your posts for sense?  Ever?

"I was a big supporter of waterboarding" - Dick Cheney 2/14/10

by Bob Love on Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 03:32:22 PM PST

•  I take it you don't know ... (1+ / 0-)
        Lasgalen Lothir

what sentencing guidelines are, either.  Of course an arrestee faces the maximum; seldom do they receive it, it just depends upon the particulars of their crime.  Swartz, however, apparently thought he should suffer no consequences whatsoever.  So he sacrificed his life to avoid four-to-six months in jail?  That hardly seems like a sane, logical trade-off, but it was his assessment to make.

by Neuroptimalian on Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 05:35:04 PM PST

•  So you answer is "no". (0+ / 0-)

I guess I need to point out, too, that there's a distinction between between a sentence and sentencing guidelines. This may simply be more sloppy writing, but your propensity for it leaves you time and again saying things you don't actually mean.

The conceptual deficit is far worse.. "Swartz, however, apparently thought ..."  Come on, you're not capable of imagining what he thought, let alone thinking it.

Your initial misrepresentations of my words are just the usual, expectable bilge one expects from self-styled experts with an axe to grind, but your attempt to delve into Swartz's mind, one well beyond you, would be laughable if the whole story, and your fumbling of it, wasn't so sad.

But my words are probably too clear for you to translate into your private neurogarble. Goodbye.

"I was a big supporter of waterboarding" - Dick Cheney 2/14/10

by Bob Love on Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 06:29:27 PM PST

•  Unless Swartz' confirmed IQ, ... (1+ / 0-)
            Lasgalen Lothir

one tested and retested by actual experts, not estimated by you or any silly Internet quizzes, exceeds 172, his mental ability is hardly "beyond" me.  Still, I will assume for the sake of argument that he had a high IQ.

That said, your continuing silly assumptions confirm your inability to grasp depth and complexity, however, so good-bye to you as well.

by Neuroptimalian on Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 08:31:17 PM PST

•  You (0+ / 0-)

put words in my mouth and thoughts in his head and you consider IQ to measure intelligence.  That makes you a dolt 3 times over.

"I was a big supporter of waterboarding" - Dick Cheney 2/14/10