View Diary: China is suffering killing air pollution (161 comments)

•  Well I'd be curious (1+ / 0-)
    6ZONite

as to what your take is, personally, so there's one person here in that category. But you don't have to answer.

"It is, it seems, politically impossible to organize expenditure on the scale necessary to prove my case -- except in war conditions."--JM Keynes, 1940

by randomfacts on Sun Jan 13, 2013 at 08:26:35 PM PST

•  "China is suffering killing air pollution" (9+ / 0-)

That's my take personally and I stand by it .

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Sun Jan 13, 2013 at 08:34:41 PM PST

•  And how would you reform the system? (0+ / 0-)

How can we help this problem from the U.S.?

by randomfacts on Sun Jan 13, 2013 at 08:37:18 PM PST

•  I'll wait to read your diary on the subject . (6+ / 0-)

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Sun Jan 13, 2013 at 08:40:33 PM PST

•  Daily Kos diary guidelines. (1+ / 0-)
            Norm in Chicago
            Diaries should be substantive. A good guideline is that if you don't have at least three solid paragraphs to write about your subject, you should probably post a comment in an open thread, or in a recent diary or front-page post that covers a topic relevant to what you wish to write about.
            I don't see three paragraphs, or even more than one sentence here.
            What makes for a good diary: Anything which showcases original research or original analysis. Political calls to action with substantive information on how to get involved. News (plus analysis) on interesting/relevant topics that are not widely discussed.
            I'm not the only one who thinks that news + analysis is more interesting and better than just news posted without analysis. I don't see a lot of diaries on here that are just news without analysis.

What's the best way to ask, respectfully, without badgering or violating 'good guest' rules, for a diarist to elaborate on the point of the diary, as this would be bringing the diary into better congruence with guidelines for a good diary?

Point here is not to offend the diarist. I asked an on topic question and many commenters below were willing & able to give substantive answers. Why can't the diarist?

by randomfacts on Mon Jan 14, 2013 at 12:09:44 AM PST

•  What Timaeus said. (7+ / 0-)

The tone of your initial comment IS your tone in general: off-putting, and I'm not the only one who has noticed.

30-50x recommended pollution levels is bad for China (and the world).

This is not a statement that should require elaboration, only action.

•  i thought those guidelines (0+ / 0-)

no longer applied in DK4

Politics is like driving. To go backward put it in R. To go forward put it in D.
              Drop by The Grieving Room on Monday nights for support in dealing with grief.

by TrueBlueMajority on Mon Jan 14, 2013 at 08:56:59 AM PST

•  Random... (1+ / 0-)
              randomfacts

I've seen this before on Kos.  Someone makes a slip and they never let you forget it.  I think your comments are honest and you've done your best.  Don't worry about those that just love to pile on.

•  Thank you. (0+ / 0-)

I post a LOT of comments on here, usually really quickly in a stream of consciousness manner. Mostly, I think they're taken the right way. Occasionally, the accurate tone doesn't come through the intertubes. Tone aside though, I don't see how it's wrong or inherently offputting, when a diarist posts a diary consisting of only links to news stories, even if it is acknowledge to be a very important issue, to post a comment asking for a bit of the diarist's analysis or take-away.

by randomfacts on Mon Jan 14, 2013 at 10:13:08 AM PST

•  Oh bullshit. (0+ / 0-)

A real pile-on is like what happened with a recent reclist diary of mine, where a group ganged up very late at night, after all my friends were asleep, and hid about 10 of my comments, for bullshit ideological reasons.

This here is nothing.  A few people commented that randomfacts was being rude.  No HRs.

What is your problem?

•  Fair Trade for a start (3+ / 0-)
          Cedwyn, Smoh, LEP

The best way to enact reforms in China is to first admit that "free trade" is a lie.  China steals our industries and our jobs by using slave wage labor and having absolutely no polution controls.  Because that's how they keep everything dirt cheap.

Start slapping tariffs on every single product out of China made with cheap labor.  And slap on another tariff for every product made in a dirty factory.

Either China will clean up it's act, or production will move back here to clean, regulated factories.

• Recommended (174)
  • Rescued (21)
  • 2016 (21)
  • Racism (20)
  • Media (20)
  • Environment (20)
  • Barack Obama (19)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site