View Diary: Despite GOP opposition, House approves additional $50.7 billion in Hurricane Sandy relief (79 comments)

•  Who was the 1 non Republican that voted (5+ / 0-)

against the aid??  Need to give that person a what for.

•  Patrick Cooper, TN (0+ / 0-)

"Why reasonable people go stark raving mad when anything involving a Negro comes up, is something I don’t pretend to understand." ~ Atticus Finch, "To Kill a Mockingbird"

by SottoVoce on Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 06:31:42 PM PST

•  I make mistakes like that so often these days (1+ / 0-)
        SottoVoce

I recognized that synapse malfunction in an instant.

It's Jim Cooper.

"Republicans have been fleeced and exploited and lied to by a conservative entertainment complex." - David Frum

by Glinda on Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 07:02:26 PM PST

•  Oops! Yeah. The most ridiculous thing (1+ / 0-)
          Glinda

is that my comment originally read "Cooper, TN."  I CHANGED it to make it wrong!

by SottoVoce on Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 07:16:13 PM PST

•  And I completely understand how you did it (1+ / 0-)
            SottoVoce

I'm guessing that you had Patrick is Lucky in mind when you were typing Cooper's first name.

by Glinda on Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 08:08:45 PM PST

•  Just gotta say..... (1+ / 0-)
              Glinda

In the 1970s, I did 247 performances of The Wizard of Oz, playing Glinda in the states, Rome, Milan, and Tel Aviv.

I don't think of it much, except every time I see your screen name.

by SottoVoce on Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 08:15:46 PM PST

•  LOL! (1+ / 0-)
                SottoVoce

And based on the date you just revealed, my hunch that we were both ... to put it flatteringly and euphemistically ... "more experienced" than some of the dKos posters was correct.

I actually don't mind my "synaptic errors" anymore because I have been able to figure out stuff about how my mind stores things: both short and long term.

My dKos handle was from a nickname that I was given in the 70s at my first job.  I told the story here several times over the years. But I've always loved Billie Burke's Glinda.

by Glinda on Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 08:22:38 PM PST

• Education (22)
  • Barack Obama (21)
  • Rescued (21)
  • Politics (20)
  • Health Care (20)
  • Freddie Gray (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site