View Diary: About that Conversation... (337 comments)

•  Get a fucking life. (0+ / 0-)

This guy is shitting himself about being in a black part of town. Not a word from you, no you actually recommended it.

This guy gives a graphic, inside the mind of a murderer rundown of 12/14, and not a word from you. Again, you recommended that sick bullshit.

But I, one of the over-emotional, irrational gun-grabbers, or whatever the insult du jour is, make an offhand sarcastic remark about Google, and you lose it, in ALL CAPS no less.

Your standards, and I use the term loosely, are warped.

Fuck me, it's a leprechaun.

by MBNYC on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 10:43:48 AM PST

•  You have no idea what kind of life he has lead (1+ / 0-)
      fuzzyguy

He has lived in NYC, he has done a helluva lot of good for thousands, and I mean thousands of people. Without proof you dismiss his lifelong experiences and claim he's reading it on Google? Maybe I'm a bit testy now is because I KNOW HE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH.

You've continually made this about him and not the argument.  That's HRable.

You have used the horror in Ct to emotionally manipulate and hide your empty position, hoping no one will notice the bait and switch.  I noticed, after all it is my diary you're shitting in. And one of the actual points I was making IN this diary on how people get manipulated, YOU did that!

And you still haven't actually brought anything constructive to the table here.

And you continue the pissing contest and act offended???  I agreed with what was posted by 43North.  I detest the propaganda you left in my diary.

I offered to clean the slate with you and start again, you've ignored that genuine offer and continued your abuse here.

We may never find common ground on this topic, you and I but I'll never know because you haven't actually discussed it with me or any of us.

Your replies confirm that you didn't really read my diary, follow the links or watch the video at the end.  If you had you wouldn't be making the arguments you repeatedly have.

Stop diverting us from legitimate conversation and real solutions.  Look down thread and you'll see real discussion going on, from people that completely disagree on how to fix these problems.

There is progress being made but you don't want to be a part of that here, obviously.

by gerrilea on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 11:23:24 AM PST

•  I don't need or want (0+ / 0-)

a 'clean slate' with you. We will never find common ground on gun control, because you're not able or willing to discuss the subject rationally and I, along with many others, have lost patience with that state of affairs.

Yes, because the idea that I, and again many others, are genuinely shocked and horrified is just not possible, right? No, it's all a sinister conspiracy, long in the hatching, to take away the precious gun and make it cry.
        Au contraire, we are making progress, not because, but in spite of you. Your diary was actually quite useful for that purpose, because it set up all the usual strawmen in a line, waiting for a willing match.

I started this conversation after 12/14 wanting and ready to have a debate and look for solutions. Instead, all of us that wanted that were met with insults and condescension, all nicely mixed up with paranoid rightwing talking points and the occasional flash of unspeakable cruelty.

You had your chance. You blew it. Deal.

Fuck me, it's a leprechaun.

by MBNYC on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 11:52:20 AM PST

•  So, then your only intention to come into my (4+ / 0-)

dairy was to disrupt and be disrespectful and sow seeds of deception and discord.

Because I blew it after 12-14? Me, really?

Within hours of that tragedy media propagandists started calling for gun control, the children weren't even buried. We didn't know what actually happened or WHY and I blew it?

There hasn't been any "progress" except to divide us here on DK and to divide this nation in ways that will destroy our party, something you refuse to acknowledge or see.

Gun Control will not stop the crimes, it will not stop the institutional theft and corruption that has made the majority of us into paupers leading us further into despair THAT breeds the conditions for increased violence and killings.

Who are you protecting or saving with your argument?  The children? Pshaw!  5 children die every day in this nation from neglect and abuse.  The majority occurs while in protective custody of the State, ask me I know first-hand what I went through as a child by those claiming to help me!

I was one of the lucky ones that survived the ordeal, thousands do not.  What about them? Is your feigned moral superiority that GC is the only best answer going to save them???? IS IT???

Is your claim that GC will stop the majority of suicides going to save the other half that still die???? That other half is bigger than my hometown of Johnson City, NY.

I guess you don't need to care about them, hell, you don't live there, who gives a shit about the working poor in rundown shanty towns, right????

How many Johnson Cities is your precious GC going to save from being wiped off the map each and every year? NONE!

Don't play your manipulative emotional games with me young man.  I don't buy into your poppycock!

Deal with my condensation you earned it when you accused a dear friend of lying and playing a part they read on Google.

by gerrilea on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 12:57:46 PM PST

•  Yeah, you. (0+ / 0-)

You and your little buddies. You blew it so badly you'll never recover. In the history of fuck-ups, the gun lobby post-12/14 deserves a gold star.

The site is divided? Tell me, what's the weather like on your planet? The site is united, against you and everything you stand for. Anyone with a soul held their own children tighter; you folks grabbed your guns and unleashed a torrent of paranoid invective against all comers. Hitler! Over there!

Do you really think people aren't laughing at your bullshit?

We're going to have some form of gun control. It will happen, because thankfully, decent Americans are still in the majority in our country. We are tired of being held to ransom by a tyrannical minority, and there's nothing you can do about it. Not. A. Damned. Thing.

You forgot gorgeous and smart, Mrs. Romney. And my cock ain't for sale at any price you could afford.
            Deal with my condensation
            'Condescension', genius.

Fuck me, it's a leprechaun.

by MBNYC on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 03:02:50 PM PST

•  ROFL, dammit all that and I ended it with a (3+ / 0-)
              Wordsinthewind, 43north, theatre goon

misspelling, so much for making my point.

Hell, there has to be and edit button installed here!

As for your diatribe, meaningless, you hate, that's clear now, it's not about me and it never really was.

If I cared about people laughing at me, I'd be 6 feet under and never experienced my life as a transgendered woman.

Pathetic emotional ploy.

If the site was united, then Kos would have disbanded our group.  Clearly there are extremists on both sides and they are being weeded out.

by gerrilea on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 06:14:14 PM PST