View Diary: Erick Erickson tries to turn down the crazy ... and fails (182 comments)

•  daily kos despised him from day one. (3+ / 0-)
    Jank2112, Alice Venturi, Jersey Jon

so you're wrong.
    he was trashed for stealing 2000.
    which he did.
    he was trashed here no non stop.
    as he should have been.
    and you have no memory of that?
    wow.
    then again, the fact that you were considering supporting him after 9/11 though speaks volumes.
    whether he handled it correctly or not.
    you then there is that.
    and the fifteen people who agreed with you that he was not being trashed by the left, liberals and Dems...please.
    too funny.

We consume the carcasses of creatures of like appetites, passions and organs with our own, and fill the slaughterhouses daily with screams of pain and fear. Robert Louis Stevenson

by Christin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 03:53:05 PM PST

•  Trashed or criticized and exposed? (15+ / 0-)

When I first came to KOS back in the summer of 2004, I was impressed by the seriousness of the discussion.  You'd get hammered pretty fast if you tried to BS on anything, even BS'ing on Bush.  The vast majority of diaries were well written, researched, and had the sources to back it up.  Of course there were epic fights, but that was entertaining now and then.  Somewhere in the last four years, it has gone downhill somewhat, but it's still heads and shoulders above most of it's peers.

The priest said, "Today's sermon is called 'Liars', but first I have a question. How many of you have read Chapter 66 in Matthew?" Nearly every hand went up. "You're just the group I need to speak to," the priest said. "There's no such chapter."

by Back In Blue on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 05:34:56 PM PST

•  exactly. and? who said there were not. (1+ / 0-)
        Jersey Jon

those kinds of diaries and comments. there were both.
        that is more than obvious and goes without saying.

but are you actually trying to claim that people could not come here and pull rage filled sad and angry quotes against bush? there were gadzillions of them and I DON"T care and don't think it's wrong.

what i'm saying is to pretend we are pure and completely civil and never called him names is silly.
        we most certainly did.

which is why i don't care about a bunch of posts on RS going he's a socialist, when DK called GW's term in office : a dictatorship, fascism, bloodthirsty, etc etc etc etc add a hundred more pleasant attributes.
        honestly. this "we did not" is the lamest thing I've read in years.

again - my point was: who cares.

by Christin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 05:53:15 PM PST

•  I think in my recollection, there used to be a lot (3+ / 0-)
          vcmvo2, wishingwell, inclusiveheart

more effort to criticize or "even trash" on substance than I've ever seen on RS or FR.    And also plenty of pushback on those who did—which I've never personally witnessed on RS of FR. Honestly, I can't remember ever seeing anything of substance on RS or FR. If Eric was not the owner and just a regular commenter he'd have been flamed and inevitably banned.

by Back In Blue on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 06:25:50 PM PST

•  these (1+ / 0-)
            athenap

Morons are sourcing Evita and KJV of the Bible. I'm Xtian and call bull.  We HR our own crazy rants.  So.  RedHate=Kos

FAIL

"There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order." Ed Howdershelt

by Lava20 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 06:52:41 PM PST

•  ??? (0+ / 0-)

Do you think I'm saying RS=Kos?

by Back In Blue on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 09:34:34 PM PST

•  No! (1+ / 0-)
                Back In Blue

Agree with you.  Kos owns this site and he's been HR'd.

They lack substance.

by Lava20 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 11:20:05 PM PST

•  Cool. Thanks. (0+ / 0-)

by Back In Blue on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 11:27:14 PM PST

•  sorry (0+ / 0-)

You were spot on.

I'm xtian and would never bring anything Biblewise up here.

Separation of Church and State.

Cause you get God is okay with shit.

Evita?

The movie?  Can't do real research so andrew llyod webber will do?

Get for a laugh.

by Lava20 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 11:43:24 PM PST

•  I came here 8 years ago and people were troll (5+ / 0-)

rated for calling Bush, Hitler, or saying even half the stuff that is routinely posted on Red State.  This site would not put up with conspiracy theories about Bush, truthers, and calling Bush, Hitler.  I see the Obama and Hitler comparisions routinely on most conservative sites.  And the difference is, people are praised on conservative sites for bashing Obama and comparing him to Nazis. This was not allowed on DKos about Bush.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 09:27:48 PM PST

• Recommended (127)
  • Community (60)
  • Elections (32)
  • Media (32)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (30)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Science (21)
  • Labor (19)
  • Economy (19)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Marriage Equality (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site