Skip to main content

View Diary: Assault Weapons (91 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  VClib, answer: Nothing grandfathered. (6+ / 0-)

    Read the section H of the law, quoted in block in the diary.

    That says all of the existing stuff is still restricted, and can only be transferred to authorized folks in state, or to outside the state. Note that the only authorized folks in new york state are going to be some sort of cops, I bet.

    It's safe to trust a sane person with the keys to nuclear weapons, but it's not safe to trust an insane person with the cleaners under the kitchen sink. The answer is not gun control, it's people care.

    by JayFromPA on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 04:44:47 PM PST

    [ Parent ]

    •  Jay - I read section H and am still confused (1+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      theatre goon

      If someone owns a weapon that meets the test must they sell or dispose of it or can they keep it? If they must dispose of it is there a state sponsored buyback plan?

      If they do have to sell it to someone from another state I guess the fact that there is no inventory of new weapons, that meet the test, has created a sellers market.  

      "let's talk about that"

      by VClib on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 09:21:03 PM PST

      [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site