View Diary: Kos has spoken. (213 comments)

•  lol - you were here for the history (2+ / 0-)
    glorificus, raincrow

... of which I speak!

Self-described political "centrists" believe the best policy is halfway between right and wrong. — @RBReich via web

by BentLiberal on Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 05:06:07 AM PST

•  I never abused donuts. (2+ / 0-)
      a2nite, Odysseus

I don't recall the 2-donut days....

I honestly don't recall any of that.....

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

by xxdr zombiexx on Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 05:27:06 AM PST

•  Oh, I wasn't saying you did, by any means. (4+ / 0-)

Just thought you might have been around then.

There was this time, a bit after I joined that there was a big kerfluffle going on with packs of people chasing people down and obliterating them with HRs. (As I recall they were unlimited then. I didn't even have TU at that point).

It got so bad that they put a limit of 2 hr's per day per trusted user. Then people complained that was not enough. When things settled down they put it at 5 and it's been there for several years now.

Peace!  --BL

by BentLiberal on Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 05:32:18 AM PST

•  No recollection (4+ / 0-)

but then, I have always detested the HR thing and have always considered it childish and stupid, and actions of late have only reinforced my unfortunate perspective on this action so many cherish so needlessly.

by xxdr zombiexx on Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 05:35:43 AM PST

•  Ah, that's what I was looking for. (2+ / 0-)
            xxdr zombiexx, marsanges

I can better understand your initial comment now in the light of your feelings about the whole HR system.

I can respect that. It's a more accepting attitude than the one I've adopted. I may be changing my position on the whole HR mess.

“The right of the people peaceably to assemble, to consult for the common good, and to petition the government, or any department thereof, shall never be abridged.”

by Marko the Werelynx on Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 06:31:21 AM PST

•  I find that a comment simply remonstrating (1+ / 0-)
            SilentBrook

with something offensive is usually just as effective or more so than applying an HR( and explaining why I gave it).  And if the parent remark is really unacceptable, lots of other folks will come along behind me and HR it.

"The extinction of the human race will come from its inability to EMOTIONALLY comprehend the exponential function." -- Edward Teller

by lgmcp on Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 09:43:46 AM PST

•  I missed that, and I think I'm glad (2+ / 0-)
          KenBee, BentLiberal

been here off-and-on since '04. Had lurked around here since '01 before, one day, Hesiod said something I thought deserved repeating in a comment.

Sometimes the fights -- and until the one going on now I'd always been able to blink in disbelief that people were so worked up over something like that -- caused me to stay away for months ... even years. The California wildfire liveblogs brought me back.

by BlackSheep1 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 10:44:09 AM PST