View Diary: Scarborough: "Republicans got a Minority of Votes in House Races." (28 comments)

•  Yes, a small number try, BUT (1+ / 0-)
    Lily O Lady

I hear OUR guys using "entitlements" over and over, like not a thought goes into what they say, like they don't see that we have to have solidarity in our language to get major points across. Team. Words matter. They don't get it and/or they don't care to get it.

I ♥ President Obama and have his back.
    Hands off SocSec, Medicare and Medicaid. NO subsidies to rich Corps.
    Rich pay more, bloated DoD steal less. End war on Afghanistan 01/01/14.

by OleHippieChick on Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 05:29:32 AM PST

•  I think they fall into it because they're trying (1+ / 0-)
      OleHippieChick

to rebut GOP talking points. They jump right into the argument rather than consider the language. We need to remind people that we don't have to accept GOP framing.

"The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?" ~Orwell, "1984"

by Lily O Lady on Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 12:27:21 PM PST

•  I twit it like I'm furious (1+ / 0-)
        Lily O Lady

with the laziness and carelessness and thoughtlessness of our side's approach to framing. A little discipline and purpose would be good. It's not that difficult to be single-minded sometimes.

I ♥ President Obama and have his back.
        Hands off SocSec, Medicare and Medicaid. NO subsidies to rich Corps.
        Rich pay more, bloated DoD steal less. End war on Afghanistan 01/01/14.

by OleHippieChick on Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 02:49:22 PM PST

•  I'll keep talking about earned benefits along (1+ / 0-)
          OleHippieChick

with you to encourage others to remember their framing.

by Lily O Lady on Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 03:37:58 PM PST

•  TY, Lily O. (1+ / 0-)
            Lily O Lady

I now hear repugs saying, "earned entitlements," so something's sinking in. :-P

I ♥ President Obama and have his back.
            Hands off SocSec, Medicare and Medicaid. NO subsidies to rich Corps.
            Rich pay more, bloated DoD steal less. End war on Afghanistan 01/01/14.

by OleHippieChick on Wed Jan 23, 2013 at 04:08:56 AM PST

•  They're trying to corrupt our framing. I'm (1+ / 0-)
              OleHippieChick

sticking with "earned benefits." Persistence!

by Lily O Lady on Wed Jan 23, 2013 at 06:18:53 AM PST

•  Me too. (1+ / 0-)
                Lily O Lady

Trying to detect and reframe to our advantage most of RW BS.

I ♥ President Obama and have his back.
                Hands off SocSec, Medicare and Medicaid. NO subsidies to rich Corps.
                Rich pay more, bloated DoD steal less. End war on Afghanistan 01/01/14.

by OleHippieChick on Wed Jan 23, 2013 at 07:10:33 AM PST