Skip to main content

View Diary: Landlord trying to evict family, refuses to provide heat (119 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  Electric heaters are also dangerous. (6+ / 0-)

    I had a similar situation once, in much colder temps. Ice on the single pane windows in the unheated rooms got to over 1/2" thick. It was like being back in the 18th century.

    Even running the oven with the door open, you had to gather 'round and shiver. And we were lucky to have electric. If we treated our pets or livestock so poorly, we'd be guilty of cruelty to animals. With our fellow humans, not so much.

    Happiness makes up in height what it lacks in length. -- Natalie Grant

    by BusyinCA on Fri Jan 25, 2013 at 06:33:54 PM PST

    [ Parent ]

    •  Running a gas oven can cause carbon monoxide (0+ / 0-)

      poisoning.  Ventilation must be provided, and that lets in cold air.

      Space heaters are dangerous.

      If you want to know the real answer: Just ask a Mom.

      by tacklelady on Sat Jan 26, 2013 at 08:01:57 AM PST

      [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site