View Diary: Daily Kos is a club where they won't stand for squawks.. (60 comments)

•  Well, when you think (5+ / 0-)

about it, all we do is squawk about everything under the sun.  Almost everything here is about someone being upset over something going on in the world.

I don't get the GBCW or TTFN diaries, and I don't get the added drama [which is why Kos is banning these] over the drama over the drama........oh, I'm dizzy now....

The banks have a stranglehold on the political process. Mike Whitney

by dfarrah on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 03:42:05 PM PST

•  Me, too! Let's have a drink! (1+ / 0-)
      wader

It's the Supreme Court, stupid!

by Radiowalla on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 03:58:41 PM PST

•  You're buying. (4+ / 0-)
        Radiowalla, wader, gooderservice, Avila

I just got laid off.

I think Kos ought to hire me as a moderator since I'm so even handed and decent.

The banks have a stranglehold on the political process. Mike Whitney

by dfarrah on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 04:06:09 PM PST

•  Would be nice (2+ / 0-)
          Radiowalla, Avila

but, I suspect he doesn't trust many people.  Or, doesn't want to.

Many of us have volunteered to help moderate, with little to no assumption of additional site "powers" - just well-defined and community-recognized roles.

He's outspokenly against it.  He sees no real problems with the site dynamics beyond what black/white rules and some collaborations tools can provide, IMHO.

"So, please stay where you are. Don't move and don't panic. Don't take off your shoes! Jobs is on the way."

by wader on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 04:16:43 PM PST

•  Kos has the right idea. (2+ / 0-)
            Noddy, LaEscapee

Look what happened to MB, how mistreated he was.

•  He did a nice job, but was terribly stretched (0+ / 0-)

He also cleaned out some bad situations quite clearly.

It was a magnificent effort on his part, but poorly planned out by kos: he needed far more coverage and backup, a literal group of moderators doing similar things.

Anyone attempting to help as a mod (i.e., mods should be helpful more than police, IMHO) will encounter resistance from entrenched interests - that goes with the job role.

by wader on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 06:19:51 PM PST

•  A personal reply to you: (1+ / 0-)
                Nada Lemming

I"m getting really tired of reading/hearing you complain what a bad guy Kos is.

If you don't like his rules, his site, well...

•  You seem to be taking critiques of the site (0+ / 0-)

owner rather personally.  Are you implying that's all I do, because you seem to enjoy making grand generalizations and coming up with rather simplistic, black/white solutions - much as I'm seeing from kos in this "new rule."

Great that you support that!

Don't expect to push people out who sincerely disagree.  Nor should you expect to silence folks whose equally worthy opinions to voice you happen to not enjoy.

by wader on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 09:15:39 PM PST

•  No, I "seem" to be wondering why people (0+ / 0-)

who are so unhappy with the way this site is run still want to post here.  It's really that simple.  And I've replied to you because I've read several comments in recent diaries where you've said how bad things are run, i.e., how Kos runs this site.

I've been at sites that I don't like the way they're run.  And I leave, period.  No muss, no fuss.  There are thousands of political sites.

•  Yeah, I can't (0+ / 0-)

say I'm interested in moderating or that this site needs much--I just figured with all the diaries about it, maybe some $$ might be available for such a position.

The banks have a stranglehold on the political process. Mike Whitney

by dfarrah on Tue Jan 29, 2013 at 09:52:01 AM PST

•  Radio is buying? Count me in n/t (2+ / 0-)
          Radiowalla, dfarrah

There are no sacred cows.

by LaEscapee on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 08:20:33 PM PST