View Diary: Cheers and Jeers: Wednesday (231 comments)

•  Hidee ho (12+ / 0-)

from the wintry North Coast.  It's 65 degrees now.  And raining.  Tonight those that are supposed to know predict our low will be 28.  With snow.  Or something.

Oh . Boy.

Cat returns sometime today from the vet and his "special operation".  Also have to remember to get a bag of paper pellets for the litter box.  I am not sure he will take to them even temporarily.  I HATED ripping newspaper for my previous cats when they were declawed.  Oh, well.

Cheers to all in the kiddie pool this a.m.

Hug a loved one.  Hug the one your with.

Have to go thru the box o' vinyl.  I may have ended up with my mom's one Jim Nabors album.  Just sayin'.  Would be a good day to find it.

January is National Braille Literacy Month. Learning at your fingertips.

by Powered Grace on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 06:15:31 AM PST

•  You had your cat de-clawed...? n/t (5+ / 0-)

by NonnyO on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 07:41:17 AM PST

•  and neutered (4+ / 0-)

apparently he was a real pistol at the vet  (Of course, he doesn't like the guy anyhow.  When he was a couple of months old the first thing he did was hiss at the guy.  I know it's not the vet hospital because he met the other vet there and it wasn't a problem.)

He's back now and for an animal that should keep sorta quiet he' nothing but.  Fortunately the first thing he did (after bounding up the steps) was go into his litter box.  No concern about different litter there.  I just have to monitor his food and water intake today so he doesn't make himself sick.

January is National Braille Literacy Month. Learning at your fingertips.

by Powered Grace on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 08:10:39 AM PST

•  Being declawed ... (3+ / 0-)
          Powered Grace, mjbleo, NonnyO

... is comparable to having the first joints of your fingers surgically removed.

I wasn't going to say anything, but then I saw your sig line.

"The fears of one class of men are not the measure of the rights of another." ~ George Bancroft (1800-1891)

by JBL55 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 11:41:01 AM PST

•  Declawing: (3+ / 0-)
            Powered Grace, JBL55, mjbleo

Wilma the cat loved her 10 year old human, Laura.  Wilma would purr into Laura's ear in the morning and pat Laura's cheek.

Somehow Wilma's claws did not completely retract and Laura got scratches.

Laura's mother quickly had Wilma declawed.  Wilma crossed the bridge when she was 15.

Any more questions?

United Citizens beat Citizens United

by ThirtyFiveUp on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 01:13:00 PM PST

•  I didn't have any questions to begin with. :-) (1+ / 0-)
              NonnyO

I was sure you had an explanation you found satisfactory.

Interesting that your reply refers to one cat, yet based on your original post you have have had multiple cats declawed.  I can only infer that Laura's mother's decision had a big impact on you.

But far be it from me to presume to tell you what to do.  I can see you are firmly convinced you are in the right and in no need of empirical data (or the opinion of a former ten year old girl who also loved her cat) to the contrary.

by JBL55 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 02:01:16 PM PST

•  I apologize. (1+ / 0-)
              NonnyO

I am doing three things at once while trying to get out of work after a long day and didn't realize you were not the original poster.

I do wish we could delete posts at moments like this.

Anyway ...

No, no questions.  However, the last paragraph of my erroneous post does apply to you, if not the OP.

... far be it from me to presume to tell you what to do.  I can see you are firmly convinced you are in the right and in no need of empirical data (or the opinion of a former ten year old girl who also loved her cat) to the contrary.

by JBL55 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 02:11:30 PM PST