Skip to main content

View Diary: Tough times for the bigots (159 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  The funny thing about atheists in the BSA (2+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    cocinero, diggerspop

    My scout troop was probably 80% Jewish. Of those kids, perhaps 80% when to Hebrew school (I was among the other 20% there; no Hebrew school, though I did have a "sort-of" bar mitzvah). So you'd think on the surface that we were proper God-fearing scouts. But you'd be wrong.

    I'd bet you anything that 80% of the kids I was in the scouts with really didn't believe in any sort of deity at all, they just paid lip-service when it was considered prudent.

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site