View Diary: Neal Boortz, his death is on your head (209 comments)

•  yeah but - he DID call the police (20+ / 0-)

after he blew away the driver of the vehicle.  He could have called the police before doing anything.  So that tells me that he assumed the role of law enforcement, and relegated the role of law enforcement to confirming his kill and removing the body and taking charge of the hostages he claimed.  Or, perhaps he called law enforcement because he believed he had committed justifiable homicide.  It's hard to say.  It is certainly a very twisted way of viewing the role of law enforcement, regardless.

"Kossacks are held to a higher standard. Like Hebrew National hot dogs." - blueaardvark

by louisev on Sun Feb 03, 2013 at 06:48:15 PM PST

•  Actually, (1+ / 0-)
      Throw The Bums Out

this is precisely how law enforcment likes it.  You do their work for them.  Of course, it goes terribly awry when there is little defense for the "citizen's" actions or when the incident garners media attention. Then there's an "investigation" and the department has to "file paperwork".  They certainly don't care about either the victim or the schmuck who killed him.

Cops have told me that if I attempt to visit my granddaughter to check on her and her parents shoot me on the lawn, they won't even have to write a report. Cause of SYG, ya know.  And if I call for a well baby check, I will be arrested for harrassment.  Either way, they arent interested in crime or protecting the innocent.  And they are so arrogant they dont even have to pretend to care.

Please sign and share.
      www.signon.org/sign/sarasota-sheriffs-office

•  Rubbish. Over-generalize, much? nt (4+ / 0-)

Join us at RASA: Repeal or Amend the Second Amendment. (Repeal will not ban guns, just help regulate them.)

by Sharon Wraight on Sun Feb 03, 2013 at 09:00:52 PM PST

•  Comes straight from the detectives mouths (3+ / 0-)
          ssgbryan, jan4insight, duufus

to me.  But if it makes you feel secure to think I'm a liar, enjoy yourself.

•  One detective, therefore, an over-generalization (3+ / 0-)
            Sharon Wraight, aitchdee, sethtriggs

Not to take anything away from the lousy situation you found yourself in with a lousy cop, but it is an over-generalization.

There are crappy officers out there, but not all cops are bad.  I work with officers on a daily basis (not a cop myself, though) and yes, there are some lousy seeds, but there are a lot of great, hard-working men and women who want to do their job to the best of their ability.

We all made this journey for a reason. -- President Barack Obama (February 10, 2007)

by arabian on Sun Feb 03, 2013 at 11:11:05 PM PST

•  Not one detective, (0+ / 0-)

at least seven of them.  I spoke with private investigators, also.  They said there is no amount of evidence that will result in arrests.  I'm hoping I find someone who cares, but things look pretty dismal.  Its a culture.  I have a friend who retired right after the Denise Amber Lee incident.  He had risen to liutenant (SP?) and stated that the prevailing attitude from the top was appalling.   His opinion is that it is aggressive negligence.

I don't know if the problem stems from the state attorney in our district; I've heard some terrible things about him, too.  It's my grandbaby.  I don't have the energy or the heart to care about corruption anymore.  I know there is rampant corruption here, and I know that any sincere, dedicted officers are getting kicked everyday.  This has been going on for 18 mos. now.  Every day that she lives is a miracle.  There are laws to protect her, dammit, and she is being ignored.  I am being threatened.  By cops.  They have taken to turning their vehicles around in traffic to stop me.
               Please just sign the petition if you care.
              www.signon/org/sign/sarasota-sheriffs-office

•  you may think you're adding to the discussion here (2+ / 0-)
        sethtriggs, PsychoSavannah

Your comments are thinly disguised anti-government rhetoric that is more suited to GOP politicians and other anarchistic types who revel in portraying our society as completely lawless just so they can accumulate power exploiting paranoid citizens like the one who shot Rodrigo Diaz.  Stand your ground in Georgia reads like so:  "If you believe that a person is going to kill you, you can use deadly force to defend yourself" which is less stringent than justifiable homicide by self defense.  In 6 years since the law went into effect, the number of self-defense homicide cases went from 6 to 13.  This case is just plain MURDER.  Maybe you can fantasize about what stand your ground means in a more nurturing environment than this blog.

Georgia's Stand Your Ground Law

by louisev on Sun Feb 03, 2013 at 11:41:35 PM PST

•  I have no idea what you're talking about. (0+ / 0-)

Are you saying that because FL law enforcement abuses victims and I'm being vocal about it, I'm fomenting violence amongst paranoid right wing types?  May I remind you that members of law enforcement are outspoken conservatives  (in FL at least).  If you don't like our reality, I'm sorry....I don't like it, either.  You have no idea the hell we are living in this situation.  We are begging for help, and all we get is aggressive resistance from the ones who are supposed to "protect and serve".  Its heartbreaking.  I am circulating my petition because I want someone in law enforcement to prove me wrong.  But they won't do it unless they are embarrassed.

My point is proven by this diary, the Trayvon Martin case and people like you.  Instead of realizing that we have a real problem with public servants, you want to kick us victims in the teeth.  I'm not telling you what SYG means to me; I'm telling you what law enforcement has told me that SYG means to them.  In other words, if I'm shot, I'm SOL.

I do not own a gun.  Never have and never will, regardless of how much worse the situation gets.  In my opinion, SYG sucks no matter which state its in and no matter how the details read.  It's lawful murder, plain and simple.  The law was pushed by "GOP politicians and other anarchist types".  How could you possibly read anti-government into my remarks?

If I were you, I'd probably say I hope you are in my shoes someday so you will eat your words.  But I wouldn't wish this on anyone.  The only fantasy in this discussion appears to be your's...that this doesn't happen in American.

•  well, let me put it this way (0+ / 0-)

your comment comes across that you have consulted with individual police and have decided that you - in Florida - are in an armed camp and the police are aiding and abetting murder.  the Trayvon Martin murder is a murder - it's being prosecuted as a murder, and George Zimmerman is being prosecuted as a perpetrator.  The fact that he is a police officer does not mean - at least to me - that his behavior is representative of law enforcement - in Florida or anywhere else.  Because if it was, he wouldn't be facing a trial for murder.  Stand Your Ground has already failed as a defense for Zimmerman to the extent that he is in custody now.  He's a suspect awaiting trial; he has lost his status as a police officer.

Back to the subject of the diary, which is how I was replying to you - Stand Your Ground in Georgia is a different law, different state, etc, and it sounded to me (which is why I concluded you had a paranoid reaction) that 'these stand your ground laws" - on the whole - are turning the entire population of Florida, Georgia, etc. into Shootout at the OK Corral.  And I do not believe this.  And even though I haven't been in that area for a few years, I don't believe that the entire state of Florida is a free fire zone.  I just don't.

It is great to advocate for victims of abuse, but to assume that 'members of law enforcement are outspoken conservatives' is participating in overgeneralization, bias and just plain bigotry.  And if you truly believe that maybe you should move to a state where you perceive them differently.  But you are contributing to the right-wing memes about 'don't trust your government' and 'take the law into your own hands because you can't trust the police" which is even more peculiar if you also assume that all law enforcement are these very same 'conservatives.'  See how that makes no sense?

by louisev on Tue Feb 05, 2013 at 06:49:18 AM PST

•  First of all, (0+ / 0-)

Zimmerman was not a member of law enforcement.  Never.  He was not even approved by the HOA as a neighborhood watch person.  And the fact that he is being prosecuted at all is the result of public outrage.  If not for that, he would have walked.

Second, my husband, daughter (not the addict) and I have been openly ridiculed and disparaged by Sheriff Tom Knight, one of his captains, and at least a dozen detectives who have stated that they "don't care" and will "do nothing" to help the community (specifically my grandchild).

Thirdly, I am not generalizing on the point of the political stance of law enforcement.  The sheriffs in the majority of the state endorse Republicans.  Including Tom Knight.  Fact.

Fourthly (and lastly) I am urging, begging, citizens to support restoring government to what it should be..our protection from harmful individuals.  WTF eluded to me inciting people to take the law into their own hands?  A petition??!!!  That is the basis of democracy.

You spin arguments to attack me, nothing less.  You appear to enjoy whipping the downtrodden.  You are, in reality, whipping a 2 yr. old.  Thanks.

•  whipping a 2 year old??? WTF??? (0+ / 0-)

I have no idea what this has to do with the diary, or the Trayvon Martin case, or Stand Your Ground.  You have issues. Good day ma'am.

by louisev on Tue Feb 05, 2013 at 10:53:51 PM PST

•  Not just law enforcement (1+ / 0-)
      Heart of the Rockies

Judge, jury and executioner.

Even when they did NOTHING but go to the wrong house.