View Diary: White House releases picture of Obama shooting a gun. Let the conspiracy theories begin. (300 comments)

•  Becasue it's a great picture (25+ / 0-)

Even if it were the first time he ever used a gun it shows responsible application of the second amendment. This is Obama's style. It's very good.

The child of an NRA gun nut slaughtered the children.

by plok on Sat Feb 02, 2013 at 09:45:57 AM PST

•  He looks cool (7+ / 0-)

Which us why I hate and wish it had not been released. The wake of the latest mass gun shootings, the last thing we need is for the President to inspire more people to want to shoot guns. If someone like me, a middle aged woman who has never touched a gun thinks he looks cool, just imagine the effect the image will have on the youth who see him as a hero.  I can't stand when right-wingers display guns and I certainly don't need to see Obama posing with one.

•  he sure isn't giving off a N00b vibe in it, to me (5+ / 0-)

either.

Proper posture, grip, nice cheek weld, good ear defenders, safety glasses, appears to be on a properly-cleared firing point at a private range. Also note the smoke from the previous round: he's not wasting a lot of time recovering / reacquiring his site picture.

I like it. He looks like he knows what he's doing and does it well -- and that's his style too.

by BlackSheep1 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 at 01:11:05 PM PST

•  Thanks for spelling it all out. (1+ / 0-)
        BlackSheep1

I had been wondering how long it would take after Souza found pictures for them to be released. I think they timed it for the weekend lull. I think you nailed why they only released the one - it shows all the things that skeet shooters could do nothing but admit are picture perfect. ; )

I think if they ask him for more, he could come back with something to the effect of: "I've released all my tax returns, both my birth certificates, and a photo of a black man shooting a gun. Your three wishes are up."

Also, too. It has been noted that was his birthday. I think that adds to the picture of his ability to both enjoy and excel at many things. That sports shooting attracts people across the socioeconomic and intellectual spectrums.  His broad interests and abilities give him many connections to others. Some people who have been afraid of his plans to take their guns, may have an image more powerful than the false emotions.

by Ginny in CO on Sat Feb 02, 2013 at 09:31:30 PM PST

•  Never have been worried about Obama/Biden on (2+ / 0-)
          a2nite, Ginny in CO

gun-snatching.

by BlackSheep1 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 at 12:09:26 PM PST

•  I'm very sorry if I gave you the impression (1+ / 0-)
            BlackSheep1

I think you would believe it. Far from it, I think you are one of the best rational commenters on this.

Not all the people who have been convinced that is his plan are fools or ignorant. They just haven't heard as much about what he really is proposing because of the media presenting it with false concepts and little back up from professionals or law enforcement.

Madison Ave proved decades ago messaging can be more effective with fewer words and a single picture.

by Ginny in CO on Sun Feb 03, 2013 at 06:02:59 PM PST

•  It's ok; thank you for being (1+ / 0-)
              Ginny in CO

one of the folks who understands the value of having a grown-up in the White House. It's actually very nice to have two, as we do right now.

by BlackSheep1 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 at 06:25:49 PM PST