Skip to main content

View Diary: New York attorney general arrests construction firm owner for wage theft (95 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  Does seem like there must be more grift (2+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    TrueBlueMajority, FarWestGirl

    surrounding this guy, and he's only the first one to get arrested.

    •  40% includes Private work ... (2+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      Andrew Lazarus, Dirtandiron

      ... public work in NYC is still 90% Union (by $$). The remaining 10% is typically for very small jobs that are being worked on "off shifts" or while buildings are unoccupied for a short period of time (i.e. Schools during summer break). That being said, ALL work at the two NYC airports are Union only.  The tile setters and mason tenders are two Unions are very diligent about protecting their work - Perhaps they made some kind of "trail period" deal with this guy? Unfortunately, they are also two Unions who have a long and storied history of corruption ....

      ... In any case, I'm sure this will play out over a long period of time.

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site