View Diary: My Journey as a 9/11 Republican Turned Modern Progressive (263 comments)

•  His references to the Democratic party of the (1+ / 0-)
    Lost and Found

past being " infested with communism" gave me pause. And then another comment where he says,  " I am not a communist".  I thought I was back at the McCarthy hearings.  Those statements I found more odd than anything else. I seldom hear people under a certain age talking about communism in that way.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 08:51:52 AM PST

•  Except I never once said that (1+ / 0-)
      wishingwell

It's funny how half of these negative comments are outright lies

1) Never referred to Democrats as communists. I was giving you a history lesson on the "Progressive Party", specifically Wallace's in reference to communist influence. Again, read the article I referenced you before..

2) Never voted for W. twice, because I was too young to have even done that.

3) I'm not one who changes decisions I've made past, mistakes or otherwise.
      term

Although after seeing a lot of these comments I'm starting to get what Dean Baker meant by the "Loser Liberals".

•  I never said you voted for W twice but you did (0+ / 0-)

but check your posts for your references to communism.  Or I can quote them later but I would love for you to explain your references to communism.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 11:09:46 AM PST

•  typo, I mean you did reference communism and (0+ / 0-)

its link to the progressive part of the Democratic party in the past or far left or something to that effect, did you not? And by far left, how far left is that ?  Cite some examples if you have time.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 11:10:59 AM PST

•  No i didn't (0+ / 0-)

I referenced PROGRESSIVE PARTY.

I even gave you specific names and time periods and a work by Wallace regarding specifically the communist infestation comments.

I don't know what else you want from me, seriously.

•  Try to relax, I am ending my part of this (0+ / 0-)

discussion as it is clearly upsetting you.  I was just asking for more clarification instead of being given sources to explore. I was hoping you could explain it more from your own perspective rather than just quotes from others.

But that is Ok. I am a very calm person and I do not anger easily and I have been involved in the Democratic Party politics for 37 yrs and I have been here for 8. I have seen and learned so much and I know for me, when it is best to exit a diary and a discussion. All the best to you. I will read more of your diaries in the future and then perhaps I will gain a clearer understanding.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 12:24:19 PM PST

•  Loser Liberals? Really? Making that reference (1+ / 0-)
        Lost and Found

is not going to help you gain trust from members here or help those who have some skepticism believe you are sincerely a modern progressive. Why insult us just because people have questions or comments or skepticism or want more detail, etc?

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 11:14:04 AM PST

•  Dean Baker is himself (0+ / 0-)

a progressive economist.

I'm merely referencing what a progressive has said himself about liberals and their overreach.

I'm not trying to "gain trust", especially from individuals who are making up outright lies about me to serve as a basis for criticizing me on a strawman instead of legitimate criticism of the content of my opinions.

I never ONCE mentioned calling democrats communists.

I've written numerous diary entries here in the few months I've been a member, one can read through them to discover who I am.

I don't need people to make up lies about my time in Europe or other travels, or lies about my history or my beliefs. I've been more than open here, and answering people who are just saying "I call bullshit" based on a slew of lies is not really very productive is it?

•  I was just curious at to the references to (0+ / 0-)

communists and communism in your comments above. I was just asking for more clarification. That is all.  But I think I will just end this discussion and move on from this diary as apparently you are becoming angry at the comments in your diary. I do not wish to upset you or cause you grief so I shall exit. I wish you the very best and have a pleasant day. But I am being misundestood as well and it is best to just move on from this. As I have clearly upset you with some of my comments.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 12:20:48 PM PST

•  It branched (0+ / 0-)

From the discussion over "what is a Progressive"

The Teddy Roosevelt Progressives were different in many ways from the Wallace Progressives.

And that's why I was saying, well I'm not a communist, if that's what people are defining Progressives as from the Wallace era (something He wrote about in the work I cited earlier).

It was not ever in any reference to any democrats.

And how can I not become angry at comments that are downright lies? You've replied to numerous comments claiming that I was saying the democratic party was infested with communists, when I didn't.

Do you see where I'm coming from at all?

I was cordial to the valid criticism over my Bush comment, but why the hell do I have to deal with people just making up things about me and then criticizing me based on that? I mean I've laid out pages worth of my opinions here, why would someone make up lies when it's all out in the open?