View Diary: We are winning! Voters Rejecting the NRA! (151 comments)

•  LOL! Sure It Is, Sure It Is! Love It That You Guys (4+ / 0-)

Are as determined to ignore reality as Mitt Romney was.  Makes our job easier.

BOOGA BOOGA!!!

Just cuz you live your life manipulated by fear, doesn't mean the rest of us are manipulated by it and buying your bullshit of electoral DOOM!!!!.

This post is dedicated to myself, without whom, I'd be somebody else. Though I'd still be an asshole. My Music: [http://www.myspace.com/beetwasher]

by Beetwasher on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 07:50:26 AM PST

•  'unwarranted fear' is the reasoning behind the AWB (2+ / 0-)
      KVoimakas, Tom Seaview

You are over twice as likely to be murdered with bare hands than by the firearms covered in the AWB.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 08:43:13 AM PST

•  The rifles anyway. (1+ / 0-)
        Tom Seaview

Gotta remember the AWB covers certain scary shotguns and pistols now as well.

Republicans cause more damage than guns ever will. Share Our Wealth

by KVoimakas on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 08:45:21 AM PST

•  BOOGA BOOGA The Zombies Are Comin' To Getya! (0+ / 0-)

Franky get yer gun!

by Beetwasher on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 08:47:10 AM PST

•  Your sig says it better (1+ / 0-)
          FrankRose

than I ever could.

Things are more like they are now than they've ever been before...

by Tom Seaview on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 08:49:06 AM PST

•  I don't have a gun that would be covered by the (2+ / 0-)
          KVoimakas, Tom Seaview

AWB.

But I also don't think that innocent Americans should lose librties because you have an irrational fear of something that is used in less than half the murders that bare hands are used.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 08:50:48 AM PST

•  LIBERTEES!!!! Franky's LIBERTEESSS To Kill Zombies (0+ / 0-)

Is under attack!!!!  Zombies eat liberteeessss......

by Beetwasher on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 08:52:12 AM PST

•  Life (2+ / 0-)
            Beetwasher, tytalus

is the primary liberty, and if in your hobby makes public safety worse, then your liberty must be weighed against others'. That's what the Constitution seeks to provide, a balance between contending prerogatives, none of which shall ever supercede the basic freedoms of life, liberty, pursuit of happiness. Note the concept is "pursuit" of happiness, not "guaranteed acquisition" of happiness. Your pursuit of the ultimate arsenal may make you happy, but if the method of distribution whereby you amass your weaponry leaves me less safe, then you my friend have to be ready to cede your ground.

•  Hence the crime of murder. But if you insist on (0+ / 0-)

bans to try to achieve those ends, you have many objects used far more often than the firearms in the AWB. Clubs are used more often to murder. Knives are used over five times more often to murder. Bare hands are used over twice as often to murder.

"have to be ready to cede your ground"
              Not a chance in hell.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 10:24:36 AM PST

•  I would really change that statement to (0+ / 0-)

the rifles in the AWB.

Republicans cause more damage than guns ever will. Share Our Wealth

by KVoimakas on Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 10:30:48 AM PST

•  Here's the thing (0+ / 0-)

It's possible to kill people with a lot of objects, not to mention physical extremities. But guns are made for once purpose. To fire bullets at living creatures. Hobbyists may like to shoot pieces of paper at a distance, but everyone knows what the real purpose of a gun is.

You can bluster all you want, but I can't help notice that never once have I encountered you once attempt to assume the victim's point of view, and I also can't help but notice that every one of your desired aims dovetails neatly with the aims of the gun manufacturers.

2nd Amendment absolutism in the face of reason is just selfishness, and refusal to consider the predicament of the innocent victim of random gun violence is perverse. That is all.

•  "selfishness" Selfishness is insisting that (0+ / 0-)

innocent Americans give up their liberties for your fears.

You are the one asking to take something from innocent Americans for you to receive perceived security.

"assume the victims point of view"
                  I would want the guilty person caught & punished.
                  You would want an innocent person to lose an object.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 09:49:33 AM PST