View Diary: Please Help Rid DK of the "Non-Planet with a Demotion" MEME (239 comments)

•  And let me add (2+ / 0-)
    Mnemosyne, poco

For only the SEVENTH time in FIVE years at Daily Kos -- a perfectly innocent Diary was dissappeared from the database.

For the love of god -- Goatse and Two Girls One Cup can linger on the Recent Diary List for 12 painful hours of community distress -- but this Diary had to disappear -- because it was about revenge against a pacifist -- where no offense had been committed.

The evidence of this sick act had to be hidden from the eyes of this community. Only seven times in five years did this ever happen.

It was a beautiful piece of writing entwined with the poetry of Kenneth Patchen.

As a result, dangerous people have been activated and emboldened.

Where is everybody?

Can you smell the stink of fear?

Like at the very beginning with the Nephew -- I said my piece. God help this community.

Denial is a drug.

by Pluto on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 02:45:57 AM PST

•  i tangle with the rkba'ers all the time (2+ / 0-)
      Onomastic, high uintas

so do a lot of people. they strongly disagree with me on gun issues, and i'm sure some of them just plain don't like me, but none has ever hinted at threatening me. i don't think i've ever seen any of them threaten anyone, and i know (not from any backroom that i'm not a part of anyway, but as an observant member of this community), that threats from anyone are not tolerated.

i saw the diary in question, and as much as i agree with the diarist on gun issues, i thought it was in extremely poor taste. i wasn't aware it had been pulled and he banned until someone who is not part of staff mentioned it- a "btw, did you know"- in an unrelated kosmail, a couple days later.

but back to my point- danang's diary made an important point, and i saw nothing in it related to the banning. there may be a lot going on that i'm not aware of, but that diary stood on its own.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 03:02:37 AM PST

•  People who know our history (0+ / 0-)

know that kestrel9000 and I did not get along in the slightest, but it seems to me Pluto you're telling the story of something very ugly that happened here, something that I missed entirely.

I've followed your links and looked through kestrel's comment history to try to figure it out, but the only thing I'm  seeing  in hiddens is this.

I sure would like to know more about the diary that led to kestrel9000's banning.

When the union's inspiration /Through the workers' blood shall run /There can be no power greater /Anywhere beneath the sun /Solidarity Forever!

by litho on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 03:12:10 AM PST

•  I don't know anything (1+ / 0-)
        poco

...about Kestral's banning. Never saw it.

I'm four chapters ahead of that.

Denial is a drug.

by Pluto on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 03:28:50 AM PST

•  Then I can't even find the table of contents... nt (2+ / 0-)
          Onomastic, high uintas

by litho on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 03:41:04 AM PST

•  K9K was banned for being over the top (1+ / 0-)
            litho

insulting and letting his temper rule him. I was afraid that would happen one day, it did.

The diary that Pluto is defending is gone and I can't speak to what was in it, I didn't read it. But, that diarist is the only person I ever sent a message to the desk about and in no relation to K9K.

She had gotten so personal with her insults to another very loved and respected Kossack that she called him an ape, his ancestors were called killers. It was over the top.

This is a meta revenge diary and to me it's too much. Veterans and the issue of PTSD are not fodder for her game.

"The scientific nature of the ordinary man is to go on out and do the best you can." John Prine

by high uintas on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 08:17:57 AM PST

high uintas

kestrel9000 and I had our differences and one truly epic fight, but he was a longstanding member of this community and it's sad to see him banned.  I know that bannings nowadays are not always permanent, and I would hope that after cooling down he would petition kos for reinstatement.

As for the other thing, I can't really offer an opinion.  I have no idea what happened, and from your description of it I don't really have much interest in learning too more.

by litho on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 02:49:16 PM PST

•  You have fallen into CT land. (0+ / 0-)

Come back out, please.