View Diary: The Evening Blues - 2-8-13 (56 comments)

•  I Will Just Say This (2+ / 0-)
    joe shikspack, enhydra lutris

you rain down death on my family, and I am about the most hippie free love kind of guy you can find, I will find your family and kill them.

It might take many years. My kid or my children kid's might have to do it. But it will happen.

I don't get why we don't get this.

When opportunity calls pick up the phone and give it directions to your house.

by webranding on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 05:10:17 PM PST

•  Are you saying there may be blow-back for (6+ / 0-)

killing all those civilians and suspected terrorists who may be civilians too?

I can't imagine the hatred that has been built up by the drones. Not only that but what it has done to the culture of the people living under their threat. They keep their children home from school in case they get hit, they separate families so the whole family will not be killed at once.

To thine ownself be true

by Agathena on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 05:14:40 PM PST

•  Of Course There Is/Will Be (3+ / 0-)

I got no problem putting a bullet into the back of the head of a terrorist. None. I got problems hitting somebody with a hellfire missile and hoping we hit our target.

This is my take, as a military brat. If the person is such they need to die, put some boots on the ground and get them. Talk to them. Get some intelligence.

Drones are lazy. They are also evil.

When opportunity calls pick up the phone and give it directions to your house.

by webranding on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 05:19:26 PM PST

•  And at this point (2+ / 0-)
          dharmafarmer, joe shikspack

we really have to question who the "terrorists" are. There's no way we aren't the "terrorists" from their perspective.

If "elitist" just means "not the dumbest motherfucker in the room", I'll be an elitist! - David Rees from "Get Your War On". //"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Denis Diderot

by Oaktown Girl on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 08:38:43 PM PST

•  we as a nation... (6+ / 0-)

seem to be resistant to growing up and learning how to play well with other kids.  sharing is a particularly difficult concept for us to learn.

i'm part of the 99% - america's largest minority

by joe shikspack on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 05:16:46 PM PST

•  I am still digesting (6+ / 0-)

and mulling over the Brennan hearing from yesterday.  I have all kinds of strong reactions that I am sorting out.  I did not sleep well at all last night.

It helps to hear/read other people's reactions via interviews and articles, and not just the twitter conversation from yesterday, which was good but fragmented, as expected.  I think a lot of others were kind of emotional about the whole thing too.  A combination of gobsmacked and not surprised, if that makes any sense.  There is a unique emotion or attitude that prevails among the people I respect most.  It's that feeling of not being surprised and yet still being astounded.  It can be simultaneous and it can also come in waves.  It started under Bush/Cheney admin and it intensified and morphed under Obama.  It's not exactly the same under Obama.  In some ways it is better and in some ways it is worse.  More painful.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 05:40:32 PM PST

•  The toxcitiy of American Exceptionalism. n/t (2+ / 0-)
        dharmafarmer, joe shikspack