View Diary: Chris Christie placed angry call to doctor who expressed concern about his weight (360 comments)

•  I don't believe he's making excuses. (2+ / 0-)
    eXtina, crose

Why should he?

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 08:39:03 AM PST

•  but you are (0+ / 0-)
      r try otherwise simple things like running with the added physical stress to bones and joints that an extra 100lb or more brings.

"I'm sculpting now. Landscapes mostly." ~ Yogi Bear

by eXtina on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 08:42:09 AM PST

•  What am I making excuses for? (2+ / 0-)
        crose, ChurchofBruce

I'd really like to know.

Certainly not myself.

Weather permitting (and sometimes not) I do 50 mile bicycle rides (sometimes more) 2-3 mile walks, and 1 mile runs.

The runs do reflect the reality of my weight, but that's not an excuse. It's prudence.  It's not very smart to injure yourself so that you can't exercise.

Thin people, of course, tend to be smugly stupid about such things.

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 08:47:05 AM PST

•  it sounds like you are making excuses for him (0+ / 0-)

there are ways for someone of his position to avoid the problems of excess strain on joints etc due to exercise such as I described - it's not an issue for him so no need to bring it up

"I'm sculpting now. Landscapes mostly." ~ Yogi Bear

by eXtina on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 08:48:28 AM PST

•  Like what? (1+ / 0-)
            crose

I have no idea what is health is like, or what he does to keep it up.

I was just referring to the church lady types who aren't happy unless they are clucking at us for doing something they themselves do with regularity -- or not doing somethign they themselves couldn't or wouldn't do.

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 08:50:42 AM PST

•  the conversation is about Christie (0+ / 0-)

no need to insert yourself into it think it's about you

if you mean by 'like what', what excuses - the fact that you're bringing up the strain on joints exercise incurs - why talk about it if it's avoidable for him? perhaps it's an issue for you but we're not talking about you here, only you are

"I'm sculpting now. Landscapes mostly." ~ Yogi Bear

by eXtina on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 08:58:18 AM PST

•  I get it now -- I was talking about you, wan't I? (2+ / 0-)
                crose, ChurchofBruce

You're up in arms because you happen to be one of those clucking church ladies.

That's it, isn't it?

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 09:16:07 AM PST