Skip to main content

View Diary: A Left Argument for Gun Rights (85 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  I disagree with the premise. (9+ / 0-)

    The statement completely ignores everything that the second amendment actually says and elevates it to a mythical/unchallengeable status.

    Also uses the Libertarian/Randian framing of force.

    Finally closes with accusations of arguing in bad faith, and attempts to get the audience to equate opposition to unhindered access to weaponry with an attempt to destroy the constitution.

    I don't blame Christians. I blame Stupid. Which sadly is a much more popular religion these days.

    by detroitmechworks on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 02:42:00 PM PST

    •  pretty much a standard RW diatribe (2+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      MrAnon, Glen The Plumber

      actually.

      Hay hombres que luchan un dia, y son buenos Hay otros que luchan un año, y son mejores Hay quienes luchan muchos años, y son muy buenos. Pero hay los que luchan toda la vida. Esos son los imprescendibles.

      by Mindful Nature on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 04:36:29 PM PST

      [ Parent ]

    •  The Randian framing of force? (8+ / 0-)

      The empowering the citizen relative to the state is more libertarian than anything else but could be phrased more correctly as workers being more empowered compared to management.  Most of the conflicts are not between people and state but between factions within the polity.  

      Libertarians do not seem to understand this and seem to frame their politics as a small faction of producers vs a large faction of parasites.  While in reality its pure projection.  I would suspect that there must be a large number of production citizens (~80%) according to the Pareto Principle and the other 20% being parasitical.  I must note that libertarians are some ~5-10% of the electorate and most of them are ideologically predisposed to parasitism.  I presume the remainder are banksters, sociopaths, Wyoming land barons and defense contractors.  

      Under capitalism man exploits man, under communism the roles are reversed.

      by DavidMS on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 06:20:10 PM PST

      [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site