View Diary: White House: No Medicare age increase, cut Social Security instead (360 comments)

•  yes (19+ / 0-)

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Luckily I didn't vote for Obama this time.  Because he promised he would do this.

And all the brainwashed dems will cry out "but the republican idiot would be worse"

Really?  Because George W Bush made a mockery of this country.  He did whatever he wanted.  But he tried to change social security.  And that was his one big failure.  So, instead,  they got the democrat to do it.

Remember when good old Nancy said chained CPI wasn't a cut but actually "strengthened" social security?

If you still believe these 1%'ers are working for you, perhaps you will be able to conjure up beliefs that you have a nice retirement and health bennies.  Use the force.  Convince yourself these people are on your side.

If you can't tell who the sucker is at the table, it is you.

"I'll hold my nose and vote but I won't hold my nose and canvass or call or donate." Some Dkos Comment

by onemadson on Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 02:29:37 PM PST

•  Recco For the Johnny Rotten Reference (3+ / 0-)
      ActivistGuy, whaddaya, jm214

If I was a communist, rich men would fear me...And the opposite applies. The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

by stewarjt on Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 02:44:41 PM PST

•  It's been my sig line for a while now (1+ / 0-)
        SpecialKinFlag

I recently found this in the Introduction to the radical tract "The Coming Insurrection", and it sums up perfectly why I think the Johnny Rotten quote is more relevant than ever:

“The future has no future” is the wisdom of an age that, for all its appearance of perfect normalcy, has reached the level of consciousness of the first punks.

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

by ActivistGuy on Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 02:56:21 PM PST

•  But the Republican idiot would do worse? (3+ / 0-)
      whaddaya, Timothy J, 3goldens

What was the other option?

"Small Businesses Don't Build Levees" - Melissa Harris Perry

by justmy2 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 02:48:46 PM PST

•  the other option was "Better Democrats" (7+ / 0-)

If more of us had demanded better Democrats, we would have gotten better Democrats.  But really early in the game, the majority of Democrats decided that offering any kind of resistance to Obama's corporatist/ pro-rich tendencies would be exactly the same as giving the White House to Mitt Romney.

If Democrats aren't going to demand a President who acts like a real Democrat, we're not going to get one.

•  A "better Democrat" is a Democrat (4+ / 0-)

who lets no bill cutting Social Security benefits out of the Senate.   We'll see if we have even one.

•  Ship kind of sailed before November? (0+ / 0-)

You are free to vote for who you please, but the "other person would be worse" on election day was a reasonable point of view.

Pre-primary was the time to win that argument....and now is the time to oppose the Democrats and policies that will hurt the country in the future.

"Small Businesses Don't Build Levees" - Melissa Harris Perry

by justmy2 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 03:59:40 PM PST

•  heh (1+ / 0-)
            gharlane

except they can do and vote for whatever they want.  Now is the time...for you to wait to see how hard you get fucked.  Unless you are in the one percent.    You voted.  Now you get to reap the bennies.

by onemadson on Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 04:43:25 PM PST

•  Pre-primary? (0+ / 0-)

Seriously?

Or did you mean the 2007-2008 primaries?

I don't recall an alternative to Obama running in the 2011-12 primaries.  I do know what the cheerleading squad here at DKos and other sites would have done had anyone suggested anything of the kind.

•  options? (1+ / 0-)
        achronon

Stop cheering for Democrats who fuck us over on every level.  Stop buying into the lesser of two evils.

Do any of you have kids?  Do you tell them that in life the best they can hope for is to pick the option that sucks less? Do any of you think that maybe you should be able to not talk about the lesser of two evils?  Or is America just one big let us take the less worse option, but one that is still really fucking worsey?

by onemadson on Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 04:49:54 PM PST

•  I will grant you this (0+ / 0-)

There is no other option on this site.

They love to laugh at Republican supporters for being idiots, but they will be quick to tell you the only option is to support the great liberal H. Reid.

On this site, there is no other option.  Which is fine.  If you don't mind your SS  bennies being cut.

by onemadson on Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 04:53:52 PM PST

•  Decades I've been voting Democrat as did my (1+ / 0-)
      3goldens

parents before me. But the gap between the rhetoric and the reality is a chasm I can no longer leap and I'll not be doing it again.

The frog jumped/ into the old pond/ plop! (Basho)

by Wolf10 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 03:16:52 PM PST

•  I woke up recently (2+ / 0-)
        musiccitymollie, Wolf10

No more.  They won't get me to rubber stamp the destruction of the American middle class and their efforts to turn the American poor into a class similar to the ones in India and Brazil.

by onemadson on Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 04:45:38 PM PST