View Diary: The Evening Blues - 2-13-13 (46 comments)

•  Hey joe (5+ / 0-)

Hope this evening finds everyone to be well.

IMG_8493

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Wed Feb 13, 2013 at 05:59:08 PM PST

•  looks just like the one on my dining table, joanne (3+ / 0-)

;)

Question for you joanne.......You mentioned going to the White House protest Sunday.

When did it become illegal to protest outside the White House gates? Is this post 9-11?

Because I remember the protestors there during LBJ -

Hey, Hey, LBJ! How many kids did you kill today?

Course, I guess we could ask the same of Obama now.

"Who are these men who really run this land? And why do they run it with such a thoughtless hand?" David Crosby

by allenjo on Wed Feb 13, 2013 at 06:06:56 PM PST

•  i suspect that they got arrested for stuff... (3+ / 0-)
        joanneleon, allenjo, ek hornbeck

like blocking the sidewalk, public nuisance, etc.

i'm part of the 99% - america's largest minority

by joe shikspack on Wed Feb 13, 2013 at 06:21:35 PM PST

•  I read that they (3+ / 0-)
        joe shikspack, allenjo, ek hornbeck

obstructed a thoroughfare.

I remember the last time they got arrested but didn't see this one. Last time they sat down for awhile.  Police gave the warnings, etc. Then they went over and calmly arrested them.

Yes, I remember the hey hey LBJ chants.  I don't know if those crowds were moving down the street while chanting that or not.  I think you used to be able to walk a lot closer to the White House then.  After the Oklahoma bombing they closed some things off and then after 9/11 more.  This wikipedia entry says that the treasury building did not used to be part of the fenced compound.  http://en.wikipedia.org/...

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Wed Feb 13, 2013 at 06:49:07 PM PST

•  evening jl... (2+ / 0-)
      ek hornbeck, joanneleon

another gorgeous orchid! thanks!

i'm doing reasonably well tonight, though i'm starting to flag a bit now after a longish day of detail intensive work.

hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods, i'm enjoying the tranquility of the snow here.  we've gotten a couple of inches so far.

i'm part of the 99% - america's largest minority

by joe shikspack on Wed Feb 13, 2013 at 06:18:10 PM PST

•  Congrats on making the rec list last night, Joanne (2+ / 0-)
      joanneleon, ek hornbeck

Even though you were already on the list, I gave you a rec just on G.P.  : )

Such a lovely photo. Thanks!

And I think in all the shuffle last night you missed my last comment for you on the Evening Blues thread, so here it is.

If "elitist" just means "not the dumbest motherfucker in the room", I'll be an elitist! - David Rees from "Get Your War On". //"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Denis Diderot

by Oaktown Girl on Wed Feb 13, 2013 at 07:47:22 PM PST