View Diary: GUS: Purim is Coming Soon Recipes (108 comments)

•  He had minor (4+ / 0-)

eye surgery but is still having some problems with depth perception. Louise can be a handful even when all your senses are sharp. She has an annoying habit of getting underfoot and tripping people. I just wouldn't want her making him nervous.

I'm sure they'll be very happy in the basement. They can run from one end to the other - which is something they can't do in the rest of the house. They love chase balls in the basement.

Progress is made peace by peace.

by StateOfGrace on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 11:46:12 AM PST

•  Oooh, yeah, tripping is not good. (4+ / 0-)

For the tripper or the trippee.

Better to have the basement awesome happy fun time with the running and the ball-chasing, for everyone concerned.

"When did it fall apart? Sometime in the '80s / When the great and the good gave way to the greedy and the mean." - Billy Bragg

by Vacationland on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 03:06:33 PM PST

•  well, darn. I just (4+ / 0-)

remembered that you won't be posting a diary tonight. (The schedule isn't in this diary - I don't even know how I managed to remember it.)

Progress is made peace by peace.

by StateOfGrace on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 03:08:28 PM PST

•  Yeah, sorry about that! (4+ / 0-)

Had to swap to tomorrow; just about to leave for what promises to be a not very exciting city council meeting. Who knows how late that will run? Wish me luck.

Oh, and I just found out that Jack is going home on Saturday...so one less day to spend with my li'l foster kitty buddy. Ah well. It was going to happen sometime. Hopefully my niece will be on the trip to get him; she's his special buddy at home and he will be happy to see her.  He will not be as enthused to see his fellow feline housemate; she's a little...erratic. And by that, I mean bitey and scratchy. Jack's long, peaceful vacation is over!

by Vacationland on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 03:25:56 PM PST

•  Awww. I feel sorry for (4+ / 0-)

Jack and for you! I bet you will miss him. Good luck at the city council meeting. I've never attended one of those.

Progress is made peace by peace.

by StateOfGrace on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 05:51:35 PM PST

•  Thanks (3+ / 0-)
              StateOfGrace, GDbot, flumptytail

Yeah, I don't know how he will adjust but I know I'm definitely going to notice his absence. It didn't take long to get used to having the little feller around.

The meeting was a bit on the boring side (mostly because I had heard the same subjects hashed out in previous sessions) but it was a good outcome for us, so it was worth it.

by Vacationland on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 12:03:11 PM PST

• Texas (19)
  • Labor (19)
  • Environment (18)
  • Politics (17)
  • 2016 (16)
  • Media (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site