View Diary: Cheers and Jeers: Thursday (276 comments)

•  This is magnificant, but something about it (13+ / 0-)

reminds me of yesterday's mystical bowling ball, which, as you say, it is not, but which, in many ways, is, so to speak.

•  Is Sr. Ricardo giving you rhetoric lessons? (6+ / 0-)

We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

by Observerinvancouver on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 08:12:27 AM PST

•  naaah. she's been into the wine box, again! ;-) (5+ / 0-)

We cannot call ourselves a civilised society if we refuse to protect the weakest among us.

by The Marti on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 08:18:28 AM PST

•  The final installment of Sr. Ricardo's boog will (3+ / 0-)

appear on the Pootie Diary today, barring my getting delayed at the bar.

Also, there may be a picture or 2 of the Senor posted, assuming he wakes up long enough to give his permission. At this point, it's not looking goo.

•  Doesn't it figure that today of all days, I had to (1+ / 0-)
            cactusgal

go let the PT people work me over.

I'm off to the Pootie Diary to see what El Senor of Ricardo has been up to!

by The Marti on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 03:31:54 PM PST

•  Who are the PT people? (1+ / 0-)
              The Marti

I don't think I like the sound of people "working you over"
              Do you need me to kick some ass?

•  Thanks, Sis, but these guys.......geeze! (1+ / 0-)
                cactusgal

These are the Physical Therapy critters.  Goddess bless them for the job they do, but dammmmm it hurts!

I knew they were going to put me through my paces, and I knew it would hurt.  They did.  It did.  I'll live. ;-)

But now I can "threaten" them with my Sis who has a ferocious man-eating chihuahua named Senor Ricardo!!  That should keep them in line!

Hugs,
                Marti

by The Marti on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 05:18:33 PM PST

•  Mr. C went through that with a knee injury (1+ / 0-)
                  The Marti

and got better in no time flat.  He bought himself a damn cane which he hobbled around with for weeks, pausing only to rap it on the floor when he wanted something out of reach, or threatening kids to get off the lawn like Arizona's Senator you-know-who. I finally had to hide it from him.

•  My knee injury isn't going to get better, but..... (1+ / 0-)
                    cactusgal

surgery is some years off, yet.

So.......

I get to keep my cane for waving at whippersnappers, threatening slow moving geezers, and doing a really lame version of "Stompin' At The Savoy" while grumbling under my breath.

When I get tired of that, I can offer it to Senator Dumbass in the orifice of his choice.  (snark)

Glad Mr C recovered.  Is it true he can still chase you around the dining room table?

:-D

by The Marti on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 06:43:36 PM PST

•  He thought it was really cute to poke me in the (1+ / 0-)
                      The Marti

butt with the cane when we went grocery shopping.  Then he started using it to knock things off of shelves when he couldn't reach them.  He was having waaaay too much fun with that cane, and he kept leaving it in places where I would trip over it.  I had times when I considered grabbing it out of his hands and beating his head in with it.

Have you got a torn ligament?  That's what they thought he had, and that he might have to have surgery.  I loaded him up on MSM supplements and what with the therapy, whatever it was healed, THANK GOD!!!!!!!

He might try to chase me around the dining room table, but he'd never catch me unless he was wearing the Geo. Clooney mask. :)

•  I hate to say this but my behaviour is more like (1+ / 0-)
                        cactusgal

his (except for the chasing part) than I like to think! ;-D

My torn ligaments are in my ankles, but the knee thing is a "torn meniscus" which sounds really pr0n-ish to me.  The pooties like to play with the cane, so they grab it when I'm trying to circumnavigate them.  My life is such a trial! ;-)

Good thing they didn't give Mr. C one of those 'grab-it' thingies...heaven help you then!  (They're really handy for top shelf things, though!)

Must dash...there are pics of the great hero Senor Ricardo to peruse!

by The Marti on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 08:31:14 AM PST

•  That's what they THOUGHT Mr. C had- (1+ / 0-)
                          The Marti

a torn meniscus.  Seriously, check out MSM.  I have sciatica from an old back injury, and when I feel an attack coming on, I take MSM and it staves it off.

(Mr. C was contemplating those grabber things about the same time he got the cane.)

•  (heavy sigh) I've had two, TWO cups of coffee this (1+ / 0-)
                            cactusgal

morning, and I find:
                            I can't freakin' type!
                            and
                            All I can come up with for MSM is: main stream media.

So, unless you want me to take massive doses of Keith Olbermann
                             (heyyyy :-0 !!) I don't have a clue what MSM is!

I have to be very careful of what I take, as almost everything can interact with the meds I must take for my heart.  Stuff like grapefruit juice, air, otc meds and supplements, dirt, and liver.  OK.  Liver is not on that list, i just refuse to eat the stuff.

In case MSM  turns out to be something I can take, thanks in advance!

by The Marti on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 09:22:35 AM PST

•  Try MSM Supplements, Sis... (1+ / 0-)
                            The Marti

MSM (Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane) is a naturally-occurring form of sulfur.

I'm starting to think it's you & Mr. C who are related!
                            He has 4 stents and also takes heart meds, but MSM was okayed by his internist.

We've been taking it every day since 1996.  When I feel sciatica coming on, I double the dose for a few days.  Our toy poodle was born with luxating patellas & had to have pins put in both kneecaps.  The first surgery on one knee took forever to heal.  A month before the next surgery I put her on MSM, and she was up and hobbling the very next day.  The vet said he'd never seen anything like it.

•  Oh, thank jeebus!! I thought it was something (1+ / 0-)
                            cactusgal

I used/knew and just went blank on it!!

That said, do I really need to try something with methane?? lol

I will check with HeWhoIsToBeFearedAndObeyed, otherwise known as my doctor, and if MSM is ok, I'll certainly try it!

Chronic pain is no fun, no matter what Fifty Shades of Gray might imply!

Lest I forget what we laughingly refer to as 'my manners'--thanks for the info!

:-)

by The Marti on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 10:01:36 AM PST

•  When you live with 3 dogs and a gassy old (1+ / 0-)
                            The Marti

man, sometimes your best line of defense is a high dose of methane each day!  :)

Here's a little "funny" for you:  The other day I posted one of my sarcastic comments, and a guy replied that I was "one sick pup."

His handle is HarryParatestis.

Now that I think about it, the subject was farting terrorists.  Maybe Mr. Paratestis is right! hahahaha!

•  Oddly enough, I've had the thought a time or two (1+ / 0-)
                            cactusgal

that one or the other, or both, of us is a sick little puppy!

But I mean it in the nicest possible way!! :-D

Having spent more than a little time around certain careers where a "sick" sense of humour is not only necessary, but required, it rubs off!  We call it "gallows humour" but it is a sanity saver in the face of things that are just too harsh to bear.  First responders are infamous for the weird jokes they tell...rarely in public.

Now I have to go search for the diary about farting terrorists!!  Is that what they meant by WMD?  Or did they really mean SBD??

:-D

by The Marti on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 10:56:18 AM PST

•  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! (1+ / 0-)
                            The Marti

(I've crossed paths with Mr. Paratestis before.  Mr. Cactusgal wanted to know if he'd sell his handle.)

Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 04:00 PM PST
                            Twitter roundup: Friends of Hamas edition

•  PS I posted Sr. Ricardo's pics this evening. ;) (1+ / 0-)
                      The Marti
      •  For why do you inquire this of me? (4+ / 0-)

• Recommended (120)
  • Community (56)
  • Elections (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Media (22)
  • Law (21)
  • Environment (21)
  • Culture (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Josh Duggar (20)
  • Science (19)
  • Labor (18)
  • Marriage Equality (16)
  • Ireland (16)
  • Economy (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Bernie Sanders (15)
  • Climate Change (15)
  • Hillary Clinton (15)
  • Health Care (14)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site