View Diary: Abbreviated pundit roundup: Biden makes emotional case for gun control to save lives (109 comments)

•  I have heard rumors of Dems having (0+ / 0-)

a decent message.

And I usually hear about them once I point out how goddamned far behind dems are in monopolizing TV communications.

Dead in the friggin water compared to the GOP.

Imagine Dems having HALF the TV media access the GOP has combined with these supposedly wonderfu lmessages we have.

That is what I am talking about and dems are just hopeless on the issue.

Needlessly so, though I feel, strongly, this is just another aspect of kabuki so the Dems can continue to throw fights and cave needlessly.

There should be a Dem equivalent of FOX and there just isn't.

dems can't even dominate the liberal media.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 06:25:29 AM PST

•  Of course, my bias is about winning. (1+ / 0-)
      Gentle Giant

Dems seem to have more lofty goals I can't understand in my abject simplicity.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 06:26:47 AM PST

•  So the media environment isn't the (1+ / 0-)
      skohayes

problem unless you're specifically mad at them for not covering OWS or something you value?

Obama is the President and they only cover his speeches during elections.  But hating on weak messaging helps, so go for it.

by I love OCD on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 06:36:26 AM PST

•  Congrats on the most amazing misinterpretation (0+ / 0-)

of what I am saying.

I can't help make it any plainer. I am sorry.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 08:43:58 AM PST

•  You're not saying that Democrats (0+ / 0-)

don't have a message worth covering?  Sorry, that was how I heard you.

When we own the major media outlets it might be different.  I'm not sure how we achieve that.

by I love OCD on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 09:42:57 AM PST

•  Aren't you a Dem, Doc? (0+ / 0-)

What message are you getting out there?
      In the age of the internet, aren't we all the "messengers"?

“We are not a nation that says ‘don’t ask, don’t tell.’ We are a nation that says ‘out of many, we are one.’” -Barack Obama

by skohayes on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 06:58:31 AM PST

•  Doc zombie has been pretty prolific on his (0+ / 0-)

chosen focus - marijuana legalization.

He stays pretty focused, delivers a clear message, and keeps at it.

•  it's an amazingly simple message. (1+ / 0-)
          Dr Erich Bloodaxe RN

It's not really rocket science, but it does always end up in discussion of the Constitution.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 08:50:00 AM PST

•  Well, I know that! (0+ / 0-)

My point was that we need to stop expecting everyone else to get the message out there.
          We're all messengers- every post we leave at a news site, every comment made on Twitter, every Facebook post, every comment or diary here.
          The question we need answered is if elected Democrats are failing at their messaging, are we failing as well?

by skohayes on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 09:55:45 AM PST

•  GOP. (1+ / 0-)
        skohayes

has FOX.

Gets more GOP on all networks than Dems do.

FOX made of Money.

Dems Have Money.

Dems could do what the GOP does.

They don't.

GOP has more message-delivery option than the dems do.

Dems appear to have a TV-network deficit.

Don't we regularly hear stories about how repubs out number Dems on any network 7 to 1?

it's a very basic message clearly in front of people's faces.

What is the democratic party balance for Morning Joke?

What is the Democratic Party balance for FOX and Friends?

What is the Democratic balance for Rush Limbaugh...Bill Maher"?

You all can't see this?

or you're so stuck on being a 'dem' that you look past these glaring short-comings?

Why should a powerful political party in the 21st century not have an entire tv network that blasts their message 24/7/365?

It's glaring.

dems should own an entire TV network.

repubs do and that shows it can be done.

Why are dems not doing it?

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 08:49:08 AM PST

•  I assume you've never watched (0+ / 0-)

MSNBC when Joe Scarborough isn't on?
          The same MSNBC that just hired Axelrod and Plouffe as "consultants"?
           To my mind, MSNBC is as bad as Fox, just leaning in the other direction
          Dems are doing it, we just aren't as good as the GOP is at the messaging. We never have been.
          But of course, being Democrats, we can't be spoon fed crap like the right is and expected to swallow it.

by skohayes on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 09:59:43 AM PST

• Hillary Clinton (22)
  • Texas (21)
  • Racism (20)
  • Media (20)
  • Environment (20)
  • Barack Obama (19)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site