View Diary: 2 haters post hit lists, lose their guns: be happy. (249 comments)

•  Actually, I know a few folks who have passed that (0+ / 0-)

point already.

Need an answer?  It's simple.

They are either firearms safety instructors or else competition shooters.

Ammunition is sold typically in 50 round boxes for pistol and 20 round boxes for rifle.  Rimfire ammunition such as .22 long rifle comes in boxes of 525.

I'm a casual shooter and if I have the time I can go through close to a thousand rounds at the range in a weekend.  40,000 rounds would almost be a years worth of ammo for me and I only shoot at paper targets, steel plates and tin cans.

Once I start conducting firearms training, I'm sure I both can and will see a lot of ammunition expended in a weekend.  In Missouri we have a pretty high round count for our state's carry Concealed Weapons permit.  If I lead a class of ten folks (the most I can do under law at a time without additional instructors) I'd be surprised if I didn't see 3000 rounds fired.

Bowers v. DeVito "...there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered."
    Director of Merchandising - the Liberal Gun Club
    Interim Chairman - Democratic Gun Owners' Caucus of Missouri

by ErikO on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 07:04:32 PM PST

•  you must be fun at parties. (1+ / 0-)
      Avila

n/t.

We are not broke, we are being robbed.

by Glen The Plumber on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 09:04:35 PM PST

•  Never been kicked out of one yet (0+ / 0-)

and used to help run some cash bars in college for friends as well.

And no, I wasn't armed.  ;)

Director of Merchandising - the Liberal Gun Club
        Interim Chairman - Democratic Gun Owners' Caucus of Missouri

by ErikO on Sat Feb 23, 2013 at 08:40:54 PM PST

•  Yeah, but are you a convicted felon and alleged (2+ / 0-)
      DefendOurConstitution, orlbucfan

... neo-Nazi?

Didn't think so!

•  Lol, nope. :) n/t (0+ / 0-)

Director of Merchandising - the Liberal Gun Club
        Interim Chairman - Democratic Gun Owners' Caucus of Missouri

by ErikO on Sat Feb 23, 2013 at 08:36:28 PM PST

•  Though as a safety instructor wouldn't you store (0+ / 0-)

most of those rounds at whatever range you were doing the classes at rather than at home?  It seems like storing that many rounds at home would be a huge hazard from fire if nothing else and transporting that many at once would probably require special hazmat precautions be taken.

You have watched Faux News, now lose 2d10 SAN.

by Throw The Bums Out on Sat Feb 23, 2013 at 12:55:12 AM PST

•  Actually, not so much. (1+ / 0-)
        Throw The Bums Out

Military-style ammo cans are excellent storage devices; easily modified to accept a padlock, nondescript when stacked and easy to transport.

Also, storage in a fire rated safe helps immensely.

eSurance has no issue with it, my firearms rider is 100% covered.

Since I am not an employee of a range, I would not be storing anything at the ranges I will be using.  It also helps me keep track of what I need to restock on.

Director of Merchandising - the Liberal Gun Club
        Interim Chairman - Democratic Gun Owners' Caucus of Missouri

by ErikO on Sat Feb 23, 2013 at 08:39:46 PM PST

•  yep (1+ / 0-)
      ErikO

that sums it up for most gun owners who go shooting regularly.  It kind of disturbs me how many in the 'reality based' community who seem to have no idea about any of these common things regarding gun owners.

"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling the money and its issuance." -James Madison

by FreeTradeIsYourEpitaph on Sat Feb 23, 2013 at 09:56:53 AM PST