View Diary: MUST-SEE: Stephen Colbert shows how gun advocates MAKE UP positive stories about guns (41 comments)

•  That's a fair enough questions, given (4+ / 0-)

the seriousness of using a gun on a person.

“liberals are the people who think that cruelty is the worst thing that we do” --Richard Rorty Also, I moved from NYC, so my username is inaccurate.

by jeff in nyc on Tue Feb 26, 2013 at 06:49:50 AM PST

•  What about the seriousness of assaulting a person (0+ / 0-)

to begin with?

Kossacks seem to believe that (A) crime doesn't happen and (B) any attempt to defend oneself means you are a violent person who should be monitored.

I was bullied as a kid and I am not putting up with shit from other people if I don't have to.

You can.

I'm not interested in it.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

by xxdr zombiexx on Tue Feb 26, 2013 at 06:59:47 AM PST

•  You bring up in a public forum your gun (6+ / 0-)

use, and then you get pissed off that someone would like more information about what you are doing with your gun?

By the way, you may wish to get some professional advice about killing people from one's car....I think it's frowned upon a bit more than killing unwanted visitors to one's house.

by jeff in nyc on Tue Feb 26, 2013 at 07:11:19 AM PST

•  Interesting you would interpret that response (0+ / 0-)

as "getting pissed off"/ It was a question.

I could observe you didn't like the question.

Killing people from your car is a crime.

Shooting people who are actively victimizing you or somebody else is self-defense and allowed.  Please do not confuse the issues.

I am not talking about killing people I am talking about self-defense. They are 2 separate issues, whther that is popularly accepted or not.

Lots of people get shot because they are fucking with other people. I do not have a problem with that.

What is SO WRONG about asking people to NOT FUCK with you?

by xxdr zombiexx on Tue Feb 26, 2013 at 07:14:54 AM PST

•  you fucked with them (1+ / 0-)
            Tfill

by your own admission, you fucked with this guy first.

•  Yes. I fucked with him by driving on the road (0+ / 0-)

he was standing in the middle of.

That is called 'criminal trespass' and he is in the wrong.

I had a cop tell me once I can just hit those people. I'd rather they just get the FUCK out of the road.

its not too much to ask.

by xxdr zombiexx on Tue Feb 26, 2013 at 07:29:44 AM PST

•  was the cop drunk? (4+ / 0-)
                SilentBrook, trumpeter, jeff in nyc, Tfill
                I had a cop tell me once I can just hit those people.
                that's called "vehicular manslaughter", your cop friend is an absolute idiot.

So a family was standing in the middle of a busy road and you were forced to swerve off the road to avoid hitting them... while screaming curses at them.

Is it possible these people were crossing the road, perhaps?  And that the father stepped into the road to stop traffic for a couple seconds so that his family could cross the road?  I mean, the nerve!

If he wants to cross the road he should get himself a pickup truck and drive like a lunatic like a good, decent American.  /eyeroll

•  So nothing would've turned out better with a gun. (3+ / 0-)
        SilentBrook, jeff in nyc, Tfill

Interesting.

I voted for the human beings.

by denig on Tue Feb 26, 2013 at 09:04:19 AM PST

• Economy (18)
  • Rescued (17)
  • Science (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Politics (15)
  • Environment (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site