View Diary: "All Republicans, or most Republicans, are Fat-Asses" (37 comments)

•  This will not be received well. (4+ / 0-)

We must not harbor prejudice against people who find themselves overweight. Nor even acknowledge it.

And for God's sake, don't make ANY suggestions about it. Offering health tips is very 20th century and is now part of being prejudiced.

just keep your healthy lifestyle to yourself: it is insensitive to others to remark about one's health or efforts to maintain/improve it.

that's the message that has been caringly shared with me..

That said, yeah: Repubs have a horrible diet and actually, many of them believe healthy eating is just another liberal conspiracy.

Let them keep thinking that.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

by xxdr zombiexx on Wed Feb 27, 2013 at 09:59:06 AM PST

•  "...people who find themselves overweight..." (0+ / 0-)

you got it

every overweight obese person has a story about hormones or steroids or something that has nothing to do with drinking and eating sugar and fats

•  If it's not your problem why the hell do you care? (0+ / 0-)

I voted for the human beings.

by denig on Wed Feb 27, 2013 at 10:57:22 AM PST

•  It is everyone's problem, health care costs, (2+ / 0-)
          greendem, wilderness voice

productivity losses hurt everyone and I can't get a seat on a bus or subway because so many people need two seats now. Minor compared to health care though...

•  You forgot how they're such "an eyesore". (0+ / 0-)

Your feelings of  superiority are entirely unwarranted.

I voted for the human beings.

by denig on Wed Feb 27, 2013 at 11:15:22 AM PST

•  Well, rolls of fat in tank tops and shorts, yes (0+ / 0-)

an eyesore, just a fact....I have fought my weight all my life, I am empathetic and feel a stab of pain when I see obese people, I feel so bad for them, so hard to lose weight and they must feel awful every day...but most are fat because portions are bigger and many feel entitled to sugery drinks and we walk less

•  merry, there are lots of people who are overweight (0+ / 0-)

for lots of different reasons.  The poisoned food and water supply, pollution, poverty, depression are just some of the possible culprits. i don't think we truly know why "most are fat".  But I do know hatred and self-condemnation destroy one's quality of life.

I voted for the human beings.

by denig on Wed Feb 27, 2013 at 12:26:38 PM PST

•  yes, but denial doesn't help either, or refusing (0+ / 0-)

to face it because grocery stores are full of crappy food that tastes good

I see people digging in, refusing to accept any personal responsibility and this problem has many causes but people who go on an Ayurvedic mono-fast WILL lose weight and get healthier, so one can change no matter how awful our food is

•  Being judgemental is a choice. Hating is a choice. (1+ / 0-)
                    Bill W

Both of those choices are easier to change than obesity.
                    But you obviously get something out of your fat hate.

So I'll leave you to it. We're done.

I voted for the human beings.

by denig on Wed Feb 27, 2013 at 01:54:03 PM PST

•  I told you so. (1+ / 0-)
            duckhunter