View Diary: Our New Reality (11 comments)

•  Democrats provided the "impunity" part of the (1+ / 0-)
    WisePiper

equation - first,  Nancy Pelosi with taking impeachment off the table when if ever an administration in the history of the world deserved legitimately to be impeached it was that of Bush II for the Iraq War

and second with the Obama/Holder Justice Department completely unwilling and unable to prosecute the widespread, endemic and systemic fraud and corruption in the financial industries and in fact devoted their energies to making excuses and lame public observations that while morally reprehensible and ethically repulsive, nothing the industry did was actually illegal or rose to the level of crime,although it's hard to say how they could reach that conclusion since they never bothered to investigate, depose or supoena anyone.

and thirdly, they are just as much into privatization as the Republicans with their own charter school gravy trains and for propping up the stupidest, most expensive healthcare system in the world that benefits only certain industries and their executives and shareholders at taxpayer expense when something simpler,cheaper and more effective was always available - Medicare For All.

“Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” FDR

by Phoebe Loosinhouse on Sun Mar 03, 2013 at 10:05:43 AM PST

•  yeah, (0+ / 0-)

but they just jumped on the bandwagon

when I see a republican on tv, I always think of Monty Python: "Shut your festering gob you tit! Your type makes me puke!"

by bunsk on Sun Mar 03, 2013 at 10:25:05 AM PST

•  A rather weak defense. (0+ / 0-)

All the other kids were doing it too. Did your mother buy that? Didn't think so.

by Phoebe Loosinhouse on Sun Mar 03, 2013 at 10:34:04 AM PST

•  do you mean "both sides do it"? (1+ / 0-)
          themank

There's no equivalent on the left. And, btw, I take plenty of shots at the other side.

by bunsk on Sun Mar 03, 2013 at 10:45:17 AM PST

•  No, I don't mean "both sides do it" (0+ / 0-)

In fact I thought was what you were saying when you said they just jumped on the bandwagon.

I'll bow out of the discussion - we can all agree that Republicans and their policies are anathema for working people which I guess was your major point.

by Phoebe Loosinhouse on Sun Mar 03, 2013 at 11:17:00 AM PST

•  I think in my lifetime (1+ / 0-)
              themank

the republicans are the chosen vehicle of the 1%. They're perpetrating and advancing the harmful policies and selling us out. Dem complicity is of course necessary, but they're pikers in comparison - one could say, merely jumping on the bandwagon; hopefully that will clarify my intention in using that expression. I welcome your contribution to this or any discussion whether or not you agree with my perspective. (I'm prepared, though, to argue points made)

by bunsk on Sun Mar 03, 2013 at 11:35:06 AM PST