View Diary: An Asian's Take on Republican "Self-examination" (65 comments)

•  Actually, 75% according to most polls (1+ / 0-)
    SilentBrook

The only major demographics that were more skewed were Blacks (90%) and gays (77%).

The Wanderer, from somewhere over the Pacific...

by Wanderer1961 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 at 10:38:33 AM PST

•  Really?! (0+ / 0-)
      I can't imagine why a member of LGBT would have voted (R).  I mean, Bell Curve outliers, sure, but 23%?!  That...that blows me away.

As a proud member of the LGBT community, I can't conscience voting for a candidate that wants to bar me from exercising my right to pursuit of happiness in a manner that I deem fit.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience every time." --Unknown

by Subwoofer of the House on Mon Mar 04, 2013 at 01:08:23 PM PST

•  I know several gay republicans (0+ / 0-)

and one extremely racist gay republican.  It blows my mind (especially the racist one).

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

by bluestatesam on Mon Mar 04, 2013 at 03:22:43 PM PST

•  Sadly, white privilege trumps straight privilege. (0+ / 0-)

Plenty of folks who experience oppression from one source can't wait to share the pain with someone they consider lower than them on the social ladder.

One of the hallmarks of these uber-righties is one of the markers of sociopathy - a complete, glass-eyed lack of empathy for anyone who isn't them.

Thank God, the Bob Fosse Kid is here! - Colin Mochrie

by gardnerhill on Mon Mar 04, 2013 at 09:44:31 PM PST

•  ~20-25% of gays (0+ / 0-)

will vote for the Republican no matter what.

That's been true ever since polls have isolated LGBT as a demographic to be polled (1992, I believe).

•  Self loathing? (0+ / 0-)

I ask out of pure academic curiosity, of course. I certainly was back in my marital days.

by Subwoofer of the House on Mon Mar 04, 2013 at 05:56:48 PM PST

•  Betting most of that 25% is white. (0+ / 0-)

White male income, statistically, is the highest in the country among all demographics. And the GOP these days is the party for selfish rich white guys.

They'll only change their minds when they themselves get fired for being gay, or if they decide they'd really like those marital tax breaks that straight spouses get.

Thank God, the Bob Fosse Kid is here! - Colin Mochrie