View Diary: Man Wearing 'Occupy Everything' Jacket Arrested At First Amendment-Free Zone In SCOTUS Building (222 comments)

•  Are you being obtuse or just oblivious? (0+ / 0-)

Either way, you're a menace to the civilization you think you're protecting.

When 1% take 121% of the gains from "recovery", people actually recovering from lost employment are trading down on wages and benefits. Current strategies by moderates don't even consider winning the Class War.

by Words In Action on Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 08:02:40 AM PST

•  I think where you're failing is (0+ / 0-)

on the basis that you think that sort of civilization ever existed.

I see what you did there.

by GoGoGoEverton on Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 08:05:11 AM PST

•  I think where you're failing is (0+ / 0-)

in aspiring to even a glimmer of moral imagination.

by Words In Action on Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 08:45:58 AM PST

•  As I said elsewhere: (1+ / 0-)
        markthshark
        By not playing a constructive, effective role in bringing about change in the Class and Climate Wars -- by protecting the status quo through "serious" incrementalism -- moderates effectively collude with plutocrats and Republicans in suppressing resistance in those Wars. Without a formal mechanism for effective change, what do you think is going to happen? To the underclass? To the Climate? Think. Moderates are engaged in their own form of Denial: that incrementalism is all that is possible or necessary, that the planet and the people will wait.

by Words In Action on Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 08:48:49 AM PST

•  The Abolition, Suffragist and Civil Rights Move- (0+ / 0-)

ments, to name just three, could have used the help of pragmatists, who know doubt spent the entire time demurring from, seeking and retreating from incremental change...

By lacking moral imagination to appreciate the impact of their obtuse "seriousness" and summoning courage and conviction, they impeded those causes every much as any bigot ever did. Ditto for the Class and Climate Wars.

by Words In Action on Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 08:53:00 AM PST

•  "A menace to civilization"? (0+ / 0-)

That's a hell of a logical leap.

Suggesting that someone who understands why a person wearing a jacket that was clearly referring to a controversial social/political movement was removed from the Supreme Court building after refusing to remove the jacket is "a menace to the civilization" suggests that you see that particular instance as a key and deciding moment in the history of the civilization, such that in taking a position on this one particular instance one is unequivocally and irreversibly declaring which side one is on.

That seems a bit far-fetched to me...

by JamesGG on Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 10:45:33 AM PST

•  Now we are a menace to civilization! Yes! (2+ / 0-)
      JamesGG, ChurchofBruce

A promotion is a promotion. Up from mere tool.

Pass the popcorn.

•  A menace to civilization... (1+ / 0-)
        Quicklund

...just like that newfangled "rock and roll" music all those juvenile delinquents are listening to these days at the diner. Why can't they just listen to Pat Boone like decent, God-fearing Americans?

I hold in my hand a list of 50 card-carrying Daily Kos members whose comments were opposed to this Occupy member being allowed to exercise his free-speech rights inside the Supreme Court building! Gentlemen, I say to you that these people must be stopped at all costs!

by JamesGG on Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 11:41:33 AM PST