View Diary: Republicans furious at President Obama for canceling White House tours instead of cutting jobs (188 comments)

•  I forgot to mention, they are also dragging (1+ / 0-)
    radarlady

the President's approval down.  This makes other agenda items harder.

Same basic playbook as 2009, yet Dems have not effective counter strategy.

"Small Businesses Don't Build Levees" - Melissa Harris Perry

by justmy2 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 08:59:18 AM PST

•  Lots of whining (0+ / 0-)

Just what would your effective counter strategy be given the current playing field?  Tell me how you'd fix things?

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." -- Carl Sagan

by artmartin on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 10:10:00 AM PST

•  If you read above, I actually said I would (1+ / 0-)
        bryduck

be doing the same thing.

I had a typo above.  No=Not.

The issue is that decisions made in Dec 2010, July 2011, and Dec 2012, Jan 2013.  The gave away all of their leverage, and now they are stuck with having to go to the public and hope for a public backlash or willingness to swing the house, or capitulation.  If history is any guide, the last option is most likely, but the current strategy is basically their only card.

Now, what is your strategy, or do you think everything is going well.

"Small Businesses Don't Build Levees" - Melissa Harris Perry

by justmy2 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 10:32:55 AM PST

•  You did say that (0+ / 0-)

I agree they're winning but I'm just getting numb from people screaming about what Obama should have done or should do.  He's in a mess and I don't believe it's of his making.  In my mind the fault lies on our horrific voting public who are terrible uneducated politically and historically.  That and the stolen media.  What a cluster fuck.

by artmartin on Thu Mar 07, 2013 at 12:41:44 PM PST

•  maybe the president is dragging his own (0+ / 0-)

approval down

"I'm sculpting now. Landscapes mostly." ~ Yogi Bear

by eXtina on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 10:19:49 AM PST

•  Pretty sure he isn't doing that just for his (0+ / 0-)

health...he is paying the price for some poor strategic decisions.  And Republican tactics are the reason. Actually, we are paying the price.

"Small Businesses Don't Build Levees" - Melissa Harris Perry