View Diary: Fishgrease: Barack Obama Peed In My Wheaties (591 comments)

•  The Bush tax cuts (6+ / 0-)

are now permanent for incomes up to 400k.  I think 400k a year is pretty wealthy.

And that isn't 'fiction'.  As I remember it was widely reported when the administration backed off of the campaign pledge that the Bush tax cuts would be ended for income up to 250k.  It didn't happen that long ago so it's hardly rewriting history.

you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

by Dem Beans on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 04:22:25 PM PST

•  Income over 250k/yr that is (1+ / 0-)
      gooderservice

you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

by Dem Beans on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 04:24:49 PM PST

•  LOL! Uhh, No, Those Would Be The Obama Middle (0+ / 0-)

Class tax cuts, dude.  Bush tax cuts were a package.  They ended, despite yr pathetic attempt to rewrite history.

Are tax rates now higher for the wealthy? Yes or no?

This post is dedicated to myself, without whom, I'd be somebody else. Though I'd still be an asshole. My Music: [http://www.myspace.com/beetwasher]

by Beetwasher on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 04:25:34 PM PST

•  I'm not a 'dude' (6+ / 0-)

Okay, how about this?

Budget Deal Makes Permanent 82 Percent of President Bush's Tax Cuts

If you think 400k isn't wealthy - or is middle class - then you're making a ridiculous argument.

you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

by Dem Beans on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 04:32:59 PM PST

•  Uhh, Jeenyus, You Realize Theres Legislation (0+ / 0-)

Signed by OBAMA not Bush, that makes the middle class tax cuts law, right?

Are the wealthy paying higher rates, yes or no?

by Beetwasher on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 04:38:51 PM PST

•  No. (1+ / 0-)
            slinkerwink

400k per year is wealthy and no, they aren't paying a higher rate.  This is why there's talk of the chained CPI - that money lost has to come from somewhere, and apparently that somewhere is senior citizens making 15k per year.

Above 400k they are paying a slightly higher rate.  Slightly.

You can parrot the 'yes or no' nonsense all night, but it doesn't change the fact that a campaign promise to raise the rate above 250k wasn't kept.

you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

by Dem Beans on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 04:42:36 PM PST

•  So No Wealthy People Are Paying Higher Taxes? (0+ / 0-)

I see how yr dishonest bullshit works.  Doesn't fly with me, dude.  Wealthy.people are paying more, its a fact.  Just because some people who YOU think are wealthy didn't see an increase, doesn't mean wealthy people.aren't paying more.

by Beetwasher on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 04:50:50 PM PST

•  I'm not a 'dude'. (0+ / 0-)

And I frankly don't give a shit what 'flies with you'.

you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

by Dem Beans on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 04:53:43 PM PST

•  Aww, Poor You, Cant Wrap Your Head Around The Fact (0+ / 0-)

That Obama raised taxes on wealthy.people cuz it flies in the face of yr cute little, insulated Obama sux worldview.

by Beetwasher on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 04:56:13 PM PST

•  Okay, I'll type slowly for you. (0+ / 0-)

He kept the Bush tax cuts in place up to 400k.  That is wealthy.  That broke a campaign promise.  That is costing an astronomical sum that's going to be taken out of the pockets of those who aren't fabulously wealthy.

It doesn't fit into any 'worldview'.  It's a fact, which you seem to have trouble with.

you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

by Dem Beans on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 04:58:48 PM PST

•  Yes or no, tax rates went up for wealthy people? (0+ / 0-)

Hint-  the answer is yes, tax rates went up for wealthy people.

by Beetwasher on Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 05:01:33 PM PST

•  Define "wealthy" (2+ / 0-)
        Kombema, Dem Beans
        Are tax rates now higher for the wealthy? Yes or no?