View Diary: A Challenge for Progressives and the Left (31 comments)

•  funny (0+ / 0-)

I don't recall writing any comments or diaries mocking centrists or Obama supporters as stupid, naive, or anything else, nor do I recall writing in support of same.  Pretty sure you can't say the reverse.

Hay hombres que luchan un dia, y son buenos Hay otros que luchan un año, y son mejores Hay quienes luchan muchos años, y son muy buenos. Pero hay los que luchan toda la vida. Esos son los imprescendibles.

by Mindful Nature on Mon Mar 11, 2013 at 07:25:42 AM PDT

•  I remind you of our last exchange (0+ / 0-)

when you endorsed a particularly nasty, insulting comment directed toward me personally. When I objected, you doubled down on it.

I doubt that you could point to any place where said anything remotely as abusive. Nor have I ever justified such personal assaults as you did.

So yes, i can say the reverse.

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Mon Mar 11, 2013 at 12:28:55 PM PDT

•  as I explained (0+ / 0-)

that was a snark about the tone of the entire diary. I was responding to a comment where someone had said they'd said something insulting (which I actually didn't ever see). However, after having that explained clearly, you decided to willfully be insulted by something that wasn't even directed at you.  So, no, really, you can't

by Mindful Nature on Mon Mar 11, 2013 at 12:58:27 PM PDT

•  What? (0+ / 0-)

You cheered on a personal insult directed at me that you admit you didn't bother to read and that's suppose to make me wrong for objecting?

All I can say is that if I'd done the same thing, I would have owned it as my mistake at the time. I certainly wouldn't blame you for my error.

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Mon Mar 11, 2013 at 02:00:36 PM PDT

•  oh, crikey (0+ / 0-)

Look, I'm sorry if it sounded like I was egging whoever it was on.  However, if you will look back at that thread, you'll see I wasn't.  In fact you will see that I didn't even respond to which ever thread you were insulted in, and in fact, I can't find iwhatever the putative insult was.

However, as I said before, the comment was a snark referring to how much insult was going around that diary in general, and had nothing to do with you whatsoever.  You know, sometimes it isn't about you.  I can't really do much if you choose to misinterpret things, except explain how you misunderstood.

by Mindful Nature on Mon Mar 11, 2013 at 02:32:09 PM PDT

•  Okay, I accept that it was all a misunderstanding (0+ / 0-)

Just so you won't think I'm completely off the wall and in the interest of clarity here's a link.

If you look at the third comment from the top you'll find the insult referred to. I think you'll understand why I reacted the way I did.

This certainly does cast a light on how these exchanges can get way out of hand. My apologies for having misjudged your intent.

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Mon Mar 11, 2013 at 02:49:37 PM PDT

•  Ah yes (1+ / 0-)
                WB Reeves

I hadn't seem that. Makes sense now.

Likewise!