View Diary: Paul Ryan Not Asking For Social Security Cuts, Why Is Obama Insisting On Them? (137 comments)

•  (blinking) (3+ / 0-)
    kovie, Jeff Simpson, 3goldens

(reading it again)

This comment is dedicated to my mellow Adept2U and his Uncle Marcus

by mallyroyal on Wed Mar 13, 2013 at 07:47:53 AM PDT

•  And you had me pegged as an inveterate "hater"! (2+ / 0-)
      mallyroyal, puakev

Hey, it's sunny here today and spring is on the way! :-)

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Wed Mar 13, 2013 at 08:22:25 AM PDT

•  I canceled a sharp comment to you last week (1+ / 0-)
        kovie

it was the one where you were calling folks [ostensibly] like me out, using a slur.

so I'm doubly glad to see this type of thinking from you.  seriously, no snark, no reservations.

This comment is dedicated to my mellow Adept2U and his Uncle Marcus

by mallyroyal on Wed Mar 13, 2013 at 08:31:10 AM PDT

•  Please realize that I intentionally hyperbolize (2+ / 0-)
          mallyroyal, lcj98

when saying things that come across as over the top, sometimes out of anger, other times as a rhetorical device. I mean, Cheney isn't the MOST evil person ever to have lived, even though I've probably called him that.

He is, though, a very evil boi.

;-)

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Wed Mar 13, 2013 at 08:41:08 AM PDT

•  I'll take it under advisement lol. (1+ / 0-)
            kovie

This comment is dedicated to my mellow Adept2U and his Uncle Marcus

by mallyroyal on Wed Mar 13, 2013 at 08:42:55 AM PDT

•  You probably also realize (3+ / 0-)
              mallyroyal, lcj98, 3goldens

that if Obama is indeed playing a clever "long game" in which he pretends to be more conservative than he is but not quite conservative enough for the GOP, in order to win over the beltway media and make the GOP look like the extremist party, it's necessary for him to get a lot of criticism from the left, to win the necessary street cred in the Village as "not one of those crazy DFH liberals". For him to be the good cop, we have to be the bad cop. So whether we believe him to be playing 11DC or sincere in his conservatism, it's essential that we criticize him, as unpleasant as it is to his less critical supporters. It's all part of that "long game" in which he punks both right and center.

Whether or not that's what he's actually doing.

Of course, it's also necessary that there be Dems who criticize the critics, to make it all seem genuine to the Villagers who aren't exactly chess masters. So I guess you're playing your part too, whether or not it's a part.

Convoluted enough for you? :-)

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Wed Mar 13, 2013 at 10:11:53 AM PDT

•  I can never take you seriously AGAIN!!! (3+ / 0-)
            kovie, 3goldens, mallyroyal

With this revelation I'm now picturing you sitting in an over-sized black leather swivel, stroking a white cat, sitting in front of a wall of monitors of people yelling at their computer screens.  And you have this devious grin on your face, and there's a blinking "troll" button off to the right...

You magnificent bastard.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing online commenters that they have anything to say.-- B.F.

by lcj98 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 at 11:19:03 AM PDT