Skip to main content

View Diary: Two scorpions in a jar of acid (40 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  Unfortunately (0+ / 0-)

    Many programs in higher ed require medical documentation for students to receive accommodation of any sort. Some programs are able to bend the rules a bit, but most are so overwhelmed that they simply don't have the time or the personnel.

    However ... I'm not sure I've ever heard of academic progress as a qualification for accommodations. True, at the undergrad level, we often get students who've spent a few years partying (think: Animal House), then try to get some kind of retroactive accommodations (ain't gonna happen). Otherwise---no, not sure that's a part of the process.

    Is it possible they were trying to determine how to help? Or was this line of questioning coming from your committee?

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site