View Diary: Texas Tribune exposes Houston-area tea party president as former director in U.S. fascist party (157 comments)

•  Hannity also has connections to the "American" (10+ / 0-)

Nazi Party and various white supremacist groups. Is it any surprise that there are other fascists in the right wing woodpile?

Just doing my part to piss off right wing nuts, one smart ass comment at a time.

by tekno2600 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 08:37:06 PM PDT

•  Much as I despise Hannity (1+ / 0-)
      DontTaseMeBro

that link doesn't indicate that Hannity has any connection beyond chatting on the phone with a regular caller to his radio show. Hardly a smoking gun.

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 04:25:01 AM PDT

•  Thanks, but that was just one link showing Hannity (4+ / 0-)
        trumpeter, Eyesbright, elwior, zinger99

has a connection to Hal Turner, who is a very significant Neo-Nazi nut. He was one of the inspirations for Timothy McVeigh. I can dig up many other links as well. But, you should also try doing a little research yourself if you want to be the truth police, rather than just criticizing other people's comments. You would instantly find a LOT of connections between Hannity and several nefarious groups, like Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, and specifically the American Fascist Party. I cannot give an encyclopedic list of every link and piece of evidence I have ever seen when I make an off hand comment about something. But, this is far from the first time Hannity has been accused of having these connections.

by tekno2600 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 08:19:36 AM PDT

•  Truth police? (0+ / 0-)

You put up a link to buttress something you say, that doesn't do the job and somehow I'm at fault for pointing it out?

Just so you'll know, I've both researched and written about the extreme RW and have had personal experience with Sean Hannity, so your insinuation that I'm ignorant on the subject is entirely misplaced.

Quit kidding yourself

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 12:07:32 PM PDT

•  Then you more than most should know you are (0+ / 0-)

full of crap for picking on some little link and saying it doesn't quite do it for you. Feel free, then, to go ahead and use your brain and insert some other relevant information. There's plenty of other evidence, and I'm under no obligation to give you a freakin encyclopedia of links every time I make a comment. Most people don't put any links in their posts. I just pointed out the fact that Hannity has connections to crazy right wingers like Hal Turner and you decided to throw a little fit. Get over yourself and quit wasting everybody's time with your self-important bullshit. It contributes less than nothing to a conversation to just act like a schoolmarm and try to scold other people. You even scolded me for joking that it can't be a coincidence that AFP stands for both Americans for Prosperity and American Fascist Part. You brilliantly pointed out that yes it could a coincidence. Duh! Really? Thanks, Captain Obvious.

by tekno2600 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 01:20:09 PM PDT

•  It looks like you wrote this comment before (0+ / 0-)

the one where you saw I was joking about AFP. I wrote my response before I saw that as well. So, I guess I was a little mean. But, for what it's worth, that's only a 7 out of 10 on Tekno's Scale of Blog Wrath. The comments I make to Republicans are usually an 11.

by tekno2600 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 01:43:42 PM PDT

•  You're the one having a fit (0+ / 0-)

What's your problem? When I put in a link I take responsibility for it. If I'm wrong, it's my responsibility to own it. I certainly don't blame others for my mistakes. Neither do I resort to personal insults to shift that responsibility.

That Hal Turner had phone chats with Hannity in his capacity as a radio talk show host isn't evidence of any substantive connection. Sorry if it bruises your feelings to have that pointed out.

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 01:46:12 PM PDT