View Diary: Republican Party admits Rush and Fox are hurting it (181 comments)

•  Really? (14+ / 0-)
    It's quite the quandary! But if the solution is forcing Rush Limbaugh off his soapbox, then there is no solution.
    Some  (many?) people at this very site are working very hard (and somewhat successfully, it seems) to do just that!

File that effort in the "unintended consequences" file, I suppose, since it appears that we are doing the GOP's dirty work for them!

So I suggest that any diary trying to get Mr. Limbaugh off the air (by denying him his sponsors, or whatever) be a bannable offense from now on.

•  Really? (3+ / 0-)

I don't know how valid fact based critism of Obama's corporatist right wing policies made anyone stay home in 2010. It was likely that most young people and idealists believed that his policies would reflect the 21st century and not those of a 1990's republican. Drones? Psh. Wireless warrant less surveillance? Psh. Assassinations without due process?Psh? Mitt Romney's healthcare plan as our land mark legislation? Psh. Sorry I am harshing on your buzz and causing all these people to stay home! Some people.,,

President Obama would have been a republican in the 1980's & 1990's. Go figure.

by Tool on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 06:23:50 AM PDT

•  But did Mr. Limbaugh do any of that? (4+ / 0-)
        Smoh, certainot, TacoPie, Fulgour

Nah, his criticism wasn't really of the valid, fact-based type!   In fact it TOTALLY wasn't.

•  Obama: (0+ / 0-)
          "I don't know that there are a lot of Cubans or Venezuelans, Americans who believe that," Obama said. "The truth of the matter is that my policies are so mainstream that if I had set the same policies that I had back in the 1980s, I would be considered a moderate Republican."
          Is it still a lie that is debunked when it is his own words?

President Obama would have been a republican in the 1980's & 1990's. Go figure.

by Tool on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 08:23:32 AM PDT

•  I am still baffled by your point (3+ / 0-)
            TacoPie, Tool, Fulgour

Yes, I understand that Obama is far right of center, which is mightily irksome to those with progessive tendencies such as myself.

But, again, * that * is not the basis on which Mr. Limbaugh lambastes him.

•  Perhaps I am misunderstanding the context (0+ / 0-)

of the point you are trying to make. I thought you were equating Rush's spew to progressives who were criticizing Obama for his policy positions and therefore depressing the base by doing the GOP's dirty work for them. Re-reading your comment again (with some coffee) I think I was was wrong.

My above comment was actually in response to

Obama's a Republican!

Never mind that such a claim has been repeatedly debunked and often relies on a faulty interpretation of history. We can search out select sources of information to keep that delusion alive.

but I was on my cellphone and placed the reply in the wrong place.

President Obama would have been a republican in the 1980's & 1990's. Go figure.

by Tool on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 12:18:46 PM PDT

•  In any event, hopefully you didn't injury (2+ / 0-)
                Tool, Fulgour

yourself:

but I was on my cellphone and placed the reply in the wrong place.
                referring to, of course, the Monty Python skit that went something like this:
                Interviewer: What is your position about sex on TV?

Respondent: Against it.  Tried it once, fell off, and hurt my back

•  RW radio lets them define where the perception (2+ / 0-)
            Roadbed Guy, BonnieJeanneTonks

of the center is.

by ignoring RW radio's dominant role in enabling and intimidating media and politicians the left guarantees that the new teabagger/talk radio GOP has obstruction power and obama and dems have to compromise to a greater degree.

BTW team limbaugh led the effort to suppress the vote in 2010 and sell the general meme that obama thought of himself as the 'mesiah' who was going to fix everything  in his first term. it migrated into the general media and got bought by a lot of those first time naive voters who stayed home and allowed the teabaggers in in 2010.

This is a list of 76 universities for Rush Limbaugh that endorse global warming denial, racism, sexism, and GOP lies by broadcasting sports on over 170 Limbaugh radio stations.

by certainot on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 09:20:38 AM PDT

•  And here's the other bubble; divorced from reality (1+ / 0-)
        Eyesbright

Obama's a Republican!

•  don't blame rush (0+ / 0-)

Here is what one what one of those young'uns said, you those who are the hope for the future of the GOP.

•  I think kos' diagnosis is wrong (42+ / 0-)

The problem isn't really the media bubble.  That's a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.  And just like Reince Priebus, Markos is confusing the packaging with the contents.

The problem is the ever-worsening ideological extremism that has captured the party.  The paranoid style in Republican politics has persuaded them that only they are right, and only a relatively small circle of politicians and media figures can be trusted.  The media outlets that cater to this paranoid vision are participants in the problem, but they're not really the problem themselves.

Republicans won't fix their problems until they admit that the extremists among them are hurting them, not the media gasbags catering to those extremist views. The Republicans' path to a viable party lies in moderating their views, rather than reinforcing ideological orthodoxy.

Whereas Democrats are too tolerant of views antithetical to the party's basic message, thus diluting the party's brand almost to meaninglessness, Republicans are far too intolerant of the same.  Both parties, actually, need to find a better balance between openness and ideological consistency.

Citizens United defeated by citizens, united.

by Dallasdoc on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 06:27:25 AM PDT

•  I think he has a point to some extent (13+ / 0-)

in that having Mr. Limbaugh out there ranting like an idiot - AND being widely seen to be doing so (as compared to being kept firmly in the bubble speaking to true believers) -  had to be a turnoff to the the mythical "moderate" voter.

IMO, it was true genius when Obama tried to paint Limbaugh as the face (and mouthpiece) of the GOP.  For the life of me, I don't know why he (or his minions, at least) didn't stick with that and really drive it home.

•  Paranoid style: no-one can be trusted! (8+ / 0-)

What ultimately stopped McCarthy was when he started accusing the US Army of housing communists -- 'a bridge too far.'

Kos' analysis is correct, imho, though I'm not sure the diary title quite captures it.

"The revolution devours its children." But right now there's two (or more) quasi-revolutionary movements duking it out: Roger Ailes' Fox versus upstart Koch-bros Tea-ists. Rush has been playing both sides; I hope he gets eaten but he could still survive.

The old-guard GOP (Karl Rove, Ari Buttlicker Fleischer, David Frum, etc.) and the RNC are certainly being hurt by the infighting, in any case -- but kos' point is they can't stop it. The Fox Juggernaut and the Kochtopus are too big for the RNC.

Popcorn, anyone? :-)

•  I think you are correct (12+ / 0-)
        In a nutshell, the Dems don't believe in anything, and the Repugs believe only in narrow nuttiness.

The entire platform of both parties boils down to a mere "we're against the other party".

And that is why nothing gets done.

The two parties are now so co-dependent that neither can survive without the other. They need each other like AA needs alcoholics.

•  Hey Dallas, (25+ / 0-)

we've exchanged comments in the past and so perhaps you will remember me.  But if not, I call myself "conservative" and I am a registered Republican.  I won't be voting that way for the foreseeable future as the big issues of the day (healthcare, AGW, taxation levels, social issues, etc.) are all issues which the Democrats have a much better grasp of.

Anyway, with that as prelude, you seem to be making a chicken or egg argument with Kos.  Whether the extremists created the bubble or the bubble creates more extremists is somewhat interesting but regardless what you think is the problem or the symptom, the Republicans are currently in a self re-enforcing feedback loop where they are growing more extreme and electing more extreme officials to congress due to their living in that bubble.

I used to really dig Limbaugh and Hannity but their analysis is now really pathetic and amateurish.  For example, they make the argument that Obama is a far left pol.  Whereas the true far left think that Obama is a DLC type Democrat.  I think the evidence is pretty clear which side is correct but Rush and Sean totally ignore the evidence.  It taints/infects every type of analysis they do and hence Obama has become a person that is obviously out to destroy America.  That has become their shtick and it's embarassing to be associated with them.

Yet another way to put it, as one commenter has it on their sig line, Obama would have been a Republican in the 1980's and early 1990's.  And yet the right wing thinks he is pursuing policies designed to destroy America.  The cognitive dissonance is astounding and it is something that is destroying "conservatism" and the Republican party.

As a Republican I say let it burn.  Vote Democratic until sanity is restored.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein

by theotherside on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 07:04:32 AM PDT

•  It's not strictly an either/or (8+ / 0-)

I agree with that.  But whereas the conservative movement was built on the propaganda efforts of billionaires, as has been thoroughly documented by numerous authors, it has now taken on a life of its own and has moved beyond the original manipulators.

The extremist Republican base has become Frankenstein's monster, and is no longer under the control of its creator.  That's the situation they currently face, that the problem is no longer the creator but the creation.  That's the sense in which I think Markos and Priebus are wrong.  Their diagnosis doesn't acknowledge that shift.

Citizens United defeated by citizens, united.

by Dallasdoc on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 07:13:34 AM PDT

•  good point-have they become Frankenstein's monster (3+ / 0-)
            Dallasdoc, Radiowalla, msmacgyver

now that even the 1% does not care if they destroy the country and the world, what is left to tether the extreme base?

my earliest friend (we are now 70) goes on about Obama the socialist, Muslims, etc. I had to ask if he was being serious. He was. So far from rationality.

now realizing that the use of the word "crazy" does not work that well. A way to discount out of hand, but they have been successful as part of the work of destroying many things, in particular, the government and the economy.

Al Gore's book a few years ago "The Assault on Reason"

what happened to the ability to reason of the founding fathers?

•  the monster still draws the majority of its power (1+ / 0-)
            Eyesbright

from its radio stations.

when rove lost the white house and control of central messaging dick armey/freedomworks blew up and took off with the talk radio base, pulled it out of the zipper, and exposed it, and now the zipper is stuck.

before that the talk radio base was much better controlled and aimed.

the MSM gives it 50% of the seats at the table because it helps their owners.

all the left has to do is stop ignoring it. expose its gods and discredit them. yes it's ugly, but it's there and should not be ignored. once it's true leaders are exposed it will shrink in shame to it's true size- 20% of americans and the 1% who use them.

by certainot on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 09:58:16 AM PDT

•  I would seriously like to (16+ / 0-)

understand these words:

I used to really dig Limbaugh and Hannity
          And I will tell you why and explain just a little.   I have a cousin who "digs" Rush and considers him just an entertainer.  His sister too.  He has a biracial granddaughter and yet, can ignore the bigotry of Rush.  I REALLY find that appalling, sad, and because I love my family, I want to understand, not judge.  What am I missing?  Let me explain.

But early on, way back in the 90s, I had never heard of, listened to Rush.  I had a republican (old time, centrist) friend who liked to tease me because I was (and still am) and unabashed, proud liberal (never gave up the liberal label for progressive, etc).   Anyway, one day he was helping me on my house, teasing me as he often did to get a rise with anti woman comments.....and then as we began to work he turned on his radio, with a glimmer in his eye.  I knew something was up.  He had put on this radio talk show instead of the usual music we listened to.   It was Rush.
          It took less than three minutes for me to ask him to switch off the garbage of hate talk.  But before he got to it, Rush made a scathing, insulting remark about then 13 year old Chelsea Clinton.  Honestly to this day, I ask any and everyone who says they used to listen to Rush, he wasn't so bad: How can any grown up, male or female, tolerate an adult who publicly, insults, trashes, makes fun of and bullies a child??   What part of that is entertaining?

I don't like of politics of most right wingers, but I do remember a time when the discussion was about policy.  Somewhere, somehow, people, probably good people decided it was OK to listen to and be amused by those who found bigotry and bullying to be money makers.  I understand greed.  Some people will do anything for money.

I DO NOT understand decent human beings (like my cousin) justifying the bullying and bigotry of Rush and his ilk in the name of politics.

“We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.” Louis D. Brandeis

by Jjc2006 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 07:38:38 AM PDT

•  That was probably back in his Jeff Christie (0+ / 0-)

days . . .

I used to really dig Limbaugh
            I mean, who didn't back then?

Although this is a bit unclear:

Are you saying your usual music was Rush?   Suppose as far as Canadian music goes, you * could * have done worse . ..
          •  I hear what you say but you view it through (2+ / 0-)
            Tool, MPociask

a different lens than most conservatives do.  I found Rush in 1990 or 1991 during college.  I was a white, male, military brat that had fond memories of when Reagan came into office.  He gave my dad a raise, strengthened our military and was willing to fight against the USSR.  And, as conservative mythology goes, Reagan bankrupted the USSR while the leftists were trying to appease them.  On top of that we went from a stagnant economy under Carter where the top marginal tax rates were 70 percent and we cut taxes and the economy boomed.  Given that type of demographic background and history it's not surprising to gravitate toward a political philosophy that was had been "proven" right for the last decade.

So when I heard Rush, I loved him.  He spoke "truth" and he was just a down to earth guy from Missouri that just wanted to be on the radio.  That was his dream and he was living it.  So "we" came for the politics not necessarily for the humor but the humor was often quite good as well.

And at the time, we were fighting the power structure.  Democrats had controlled the House for 40 years and one party rule tends to corrupt an institution and Rush had plenty of examples of corruption back then (Rostenkowski, House post office scandal, Whitewater, Rose Law firm billing records, etc.)

Anyway, I won't say that my reasons for liking Rush were universal but I offer my history so that you can perhaps see why some "good" people can gravitate to a different political outlook than you.  Of course, I did escape the RW media bubble and now I can't stand Rush or Sean (let alone Coulter, Malkin, Levin, etc).

So the short answer is that a bully is not the lens we see (saw) Rush through.  He was a poor guy who struggled in life and hit the big time by following his dreams.  And he believed in our country.  We could overlook the jokes because they were, after all, jokes and the hate that we conservatives were subjected to was nothing like making a "harmless" joke.  Or so the thinking goes/went.

Hope that helps.

by theotherside on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 08:28:54 AM PDT

•  Thank you for explaining... (3+ / 0-)
              tobendaro, bryduck, Stude Dude

I suspect I will never totally understand.  The bully part is the part that bugs me the most.  Perhaps because I am a teacher (albeit retired now).  Perhaps because even as a little girl, I did not get bullies and while I was not often the victim (occasionally I was but not all that much), I did see/hear them picking on others and it really upset me.  As I got older, I became brave enough to occasionally stand up to them and of course as a teacher, bullying was NEVER tolerated in my classroom, in my presence.

I get that many of you loved Reagan. I cried the day he was elected.  To this day, I blame him and his horrid administration for the destruction of labor.   But what really turned me against him in the 80s was his open support for Latin American bullies, aka the juntas who killed/maimed and disappeared people, in particular Pinochet.

I am sorry you bought into Whitewater and the nonsense Rush spewed but I am not naive and I know both parties have protected/allowed corruption.  But I wondered about the values when Whitewater, Travelgate and even a BJ were much more shocking and upsetting to some than was Iran/Contra or Watergate.

I don't recall that Reagan boom helping people like me but then again neither did many of the "bubbles" created by the Chicago School of Economics that simply preached in my opinion, "destroy labor, push for the cheapest labor possible" and then we will do well while it trickles down to those stupid peasants.   At least, I guess I should be thankful, they (Reagan) did not go as far as Pinochet in destroying labor.  Reagan started the destruction of unions.  Pinochet simply murdered union leaders.

But again thanks for explaining.  Since you were a military family, I at least get how you could have been swayed.  My cousin's growing up was like mine...our fathers were first generation of poor immigrants, worked their way up to the middle class thanks to union jobs.   Why he had turned on the things that gave him and his sister the chance to go to college, I do not get.   In his sister, it's easy.  She's rich and greedy.  He's not.  But he is an evangelical extreme right wing catholic.   More confusion.  How does one listen to hate talk and claim to be a follower of Christ?   But it seems to be the norm.

by Jjc2006 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 10:12:41 AM PDT

•  A secular (just in case) "Amen" to this comment. (0+ / 0-)

I was equally horrified by Reagan's election, and his rhetoric seemingly convincing a large majority of citizens that government was bad in and of itself has almost destroyed the country.

"Lone catch of the moon, the roots of the sigh of an idea there will be the outcome may be why?"--from a spam diary entitled "The Vast World."

by bryduck on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 12:11:57 PM PDT

•  I agree and remember Limbaugh (0+ / 0-)

trashing Chelsea.  I have never actually heard an entire Limbaugh broadcast, but so much of his rubbish is shared.

The old school RW entertainers, Limbaugh and Coulter specifically, do a schtick similar to Don Rickles and have made a ton of money doing it.  It is dangerous when either or both attempt to influence policy.

When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day? George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 09:51:34 AM PDT

•  Obama on social issues (2+ / 0-)
          ssgbryan, Dallasdoc

tends to be center left of where the country is - Obama on civil rights, whistleblowers, education, fiscal policy, and nearly every issue that base democrats care about is to the right of Nixon.

You're analysis is spot on though Theotherside. We may not agree about the postal service but we certainly can agree about the cognitive dissonance .

President Obama would have been a republican in the 1980's & 1990's. Go figure.

by Tool on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 08:33:09 AM PDT

•  Sigh. All these typos. (0+ / 0-)

I am horrid on my phone.

President Obama would have been a republican in the 1980's & 1990's. Go figure.

by Tool on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 08:34:10 AM PDT

•  Well since I was actually quoting your (0+ / 0-)

sig line it's no wonder you agree!  LOL

As you said, we can disagree on the USPS but hopefully we can find common ground to help move the country forward and use our passion for good.  Because who wants to have an apathetic existence?  Speaking of which, it's always a good time to drop more Tool lyrics on you:

"I don't want to be hostile.
            I don't want to be dismal
            But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
            See
            I want to believe you,
            and I want to trust
            and I want to have faith to put away the dagger.

But you lie, cheat, and steal.
            And yet I tolerate you.
            Veil of virtue hung to hide your method
            and I smile and laugh and dance
            and sing your praise and glory.
            Shroud of virtue hung to mask your stigma
            as I smile and laugh and dance
            and sing your glory
            while you lie, cheat, steal.
            How can I tolerate you?"

I used to think about the Dems when I rocked this song but not so much anymore!

Be well and rock on!

by theotherside on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 08:51:46 AM PDT

•  If you were to sum up in a couple of (1+ / 0-)
          Eyesbright

words, how would you describe the ideology of the GOP which appealed to you.

I'm 60ish and old enough to remember the WF Buckley brand of conservatism and the Goldwater landslide loss.  I also remember Nixon and his fall from grace.

I'm interested in knowing why voters choose republicans.

by msmacgyver on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 09:43:30 AM PDT

•  The idea of freedom and liberty making it (1+ / 0-)
            msmacgyver

possible to be whatever you make of yourself.  That was probably the most appealing part.

I was socially libertarian and I thought the culture wars were soon going to die (with social conservatives losing) and that we could move to a small government, prosperous country.

The other thing I'll say is that I do believe that power corrupts and that the size of government had grown too big (a top marginal tax rate of 70 percent seems crazy).  I still believe that you try to limit the concentration of power because it will be used poorly but it would appear that far too much power is in the hands of the corporations and they are corrupting our government.

It sounds progressive but progressives seem to go one step farther and denounce corporations themselves.  That is why I don't identify with them.  But the fact seems to be that corporations and the wealthy are way too powerful in our current system and "their" "freedoms" (power) need to be put in check.  Which, as deluded as it may seem to some progressives, is still in line with my idea of "conservatism".

Of course, I think single payer can be justified on conservative grounds too!

by theotherside on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 10:23:33 AM PDT

•  Thanks, you've thought this out (0+ / 0-)

Freedom and liberty are not inventions of the republican party nor are "family values".

Clearly the culture wars won't be dying anytime soon and this represents an assault on freedom and liberty as well as an intrusion of Big Government.

Corporations are and always have been powerful political forces and what we are seeing in the public embrace of RW extremism by wealthy individuals is something we need to pay attention to.  The Koch brothers have been exposed and they represent the ability to buy elections and control tax laws.

I am a single payer advocate and hope that ACA will eventually lead to it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

by msmacgyver on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 01:39:51 PM PDT

•  And how do they propose getting (1+ / 0-)
        tobendaro

More people to their side? They're going to put more boots on the ground, and have a grassroots outreach - with PAID workers.

I'm sorry, that's NOT grassroots, that's AstroTurf.

If you have to pay them, they're not going to be persuasive, committed volunteers, they're going to be door to door salesmen.

Their problem is the committed volunteers they have should be committed, they're so extreme.

•  Makes me think of what characterizes a cult. (2+ / 0-)
        cybersaur, Eyesbright
      •  disagree. the bubble enables the stupid (2+ / 0-)
        Eyesbright, Stude Dude

in particular, the guy in the picture is their major enabler, and needs credit for it.

the talk radio monopoly he's point man for has played the major part in creating the alternate reality that enables the teabaggers and makes them 'acceptable'. the tea party is just another name for the talk radio base.

without that free speech free ride that unchallenged radio empire gets from thinking americans those ignorant demented racist sexist global warming denying twits would never have been able to take over the GOP. it is those RW radio stations that have pruned moderates from the GOP at the national and local level during primaries and supplied the winners with their 'popular' talking points.

that's where it started - when reagan killed the fairness doctrine 25 or so years ago.

by certainot on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 09:33:07 AM PDT

•  i think kos is saying they can't fix themselves (1+ / 0-)
      Roadbed Guy

and that is true- i hope that's what he's saying.

i think we have fix the radio/GOP to save ourselves.

we're in this mess because the left ignored the radio and still largely does. until 'we' (the left in general) stops ignoring RW radio it's going to keep dragging the GOP off the cliff with that talk radio base (now called teabaggers). but we're going with it. all major reforms are nearly impossible (and have been the last 25 years since reagan killed the fairness doctrine) as long as they have 1000 coordinated unchallenged radio stations blasting the same message to 50 mil a week.

by certainot on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 08:56:53 AM PDT

•  But if it's not RW political discourse (0+ / 0-)

these stations seem to be migrating towards "sports talk"

Which is equally idiotically mind numbing IMHO.

•  But not pernicious or (1+ / 0-)
          certainot

damaging to our civic discourse. And some of them can actually be a force for a more liberal discussion of social issues, at any rate. Jim Rome, for example, despite his denigration of women's sports in the past, has consistently supported the rights of gays on air, or at the very least has taken the (to my mind) correct position that someone's sexual orientation is 100% irrelevant to discussions involving sports. (Not to social issues surrounding sports, mind you, but to the games and players themselves.)

by bryduck on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 12:17:23 PM PDT

•  even if the alt is not progressive radio it's a + (0+ / 0-)

those stations are coordinated and totally1%

by certainot on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 07:56:30 PM PDT

•  What could have been done in the early '90s? (0+ / 0-)

Some of the Left complained, but it only it had to optics of sounding whiney and it only brought more attention to Limbaugh....

"If this Studebaker had anymore Atomic Space-Age Style, you'd have to be an astronaut with a geiger counter!"

by Stude Dude on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 12:34:41 PM PDT

•  if the Left had defended anita hill like fluke the (0+ / 0-)

entire political history of the last 20 years would be different, and there would be no clarence thomas in the supreme court.

it was a dominating political weapon that was ignored.

giving limbaugh credit is exposing him- i don't care if it feeds his ego or makes him more money- any exposure is good. he can't stand exposure because everything he sells is a lie.

the boycott has to morph into a broader effort with protests, monitoring with transcription software so it can be searched, crediting the RW radio monopoly (limbaugh as their god) with selling the iraq war and all the teabagger bullshit, and ending RW radio support by our universities.

by certainot on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 07:52:34 PM PDT

•  Limbaugh Boycott Diaries Bannable? (2+ / 0-)
      Roadbed Guy, Fulgour
      I'm toast (smiling). And quite biased on this subject...
      Being a member of StopRush and several other bannable groups, I can say:

I believe Rush Limbaugh is a big reason the Republican party is flailing and failing; and it's time they admit it --and do something.

In one year alone, after he called an unknown student a 'slut' and prostitute, Limbaugh sparked a nerve that set women on fire. His attack on Fluke helped create or enhance:

The StopRush Project
      UniteWomen.com
      Boycott Rush Limbaugh Sponsors To Shut Him Down
      FlushRush Fight Group
      Fight Laws Against Women
      One Million Pissed Off Women

Some of the larger groups that also support the movement:

Daily Kos
      Media Matters
      Planned Parenthood
      Naral
      Being Liberal
      Left Action
      Occupy
      NOW

Limbaugh helped perpetuate (or some would say helped create) The War Against Women, which caused the GOP to lose the majority of women voters. (along with the likes of Akin, Mourdock, Ryan...now called 'Rape-publicans')

Back to Rush -

Limbaugh's past offenses  are being exhumed. We remind him of the time he accused Michael J. Fox of faking Parkinson Disease. And let's not forget when he compared Chelsea to a dog when she was just 13. His list of racist, sexist, and gay-bashing remarks seems endless.

Thanks to the the hard work by StopRush and aforementioned groups, approximately 2,500 Limbaugh sponsors  have pulled ads. Sure, some have been replaced, but often for free/in discount ad blocks, or unbeknownst to the sponsors (who often leave when they find out)

And now many know FreedomWorks has helped subsidize Limbaugh's loss of sponsor income, as well as the loss felt by his parent company, Clear Channel.

Boycott groups are growing, momentum is accelerating, petitions are gaining, and sponsors are --still leaving.

Bottom line: He's losing his audience, his sponsors, and his game. I agree, losing Limbaugh will be a loss to the Republican party, but their gain is greater. Losing him would be more of a 'two steps forward, one step back."

Hope this doesn't count as a hijack offense. I get carried away on this subject. But then, I'm already so banned.

"When faced with darkness, be the light.

by Leslie Salzillo on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 11:06:40 AM PDT

•  eeew eeew Rush Hurts... (0+ / 0-)

Love is like a hot, it burns you when it's stove. ~ Gwen Dibley