View Diary: Assault weapons ban moribund. Will only be offered as amendment in package of gun-control bills (577 comments)

•  I have put forth my suggestions. (8+ / 0-)

Both related to firearms and 'general' suggestions. They're usually considered not good enough. We need MORE more more!

I would love to see laws enforced going after straw purchasers, FFLs who sell illegally, enforce Project Exile everywhere in the country, and on the general side: single payer (mental health care), marijuana legalization, jobs, better social safety nets, and education.

Republicans cause more damage than guns ever will. Share Our Wealth

by KVoimakas on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 12:13:49 PM PDT

•  I am good with all of that (3+ / 0-)

I think Connecticut WILL do more. We'll see about the rest of the country.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

by Greg Dworkin on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 05:30:15 PM PDT

•  I have a problem with civil rights being infringed (0+ / 0-)

upon in different locales to different extents. The concealed carry reciprocity situation is a joke, the ammo I carry in my 1911 is illegal in New Jersey, the AR15s I used to own would be illegal in Cali and NY now.

Yes, I see RKBA as a civil right.

My suggestion: the BoR should be incorporated against the states under P&I (though I don't think that'll happen sadly).

Republicans cause more damage than guns ever will. Share Our Wealth

by KVoimakas on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 06:24:02 AM PDT

•  Wasn't the 2nd recently incorporate to the states? (1+ / 0-)
          KVoimakas

This is where things could get really interesting and the issue could take on an Armageddon air as the stakes for restriction heavy states, like CA and NY could be exceptionally high and they are already a minority.

•  everything is a balance (1+ / 0-)
          LilithGardener

public safety (true efforts to save lives) generally being the trump card. we think in CT we can respect 2nd A and still accomplish some things that decrease deaths.

by Greg Dworkin on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 07:07:07 AM PDT

•  I agree that you can not infringe (1+ / 0-)
            noway2

upon 2A and accomplish something that decreases death.

I also don't think public safety automatically trumps rights. Right now, with the 4th and 5th amendment infringements going on, it seems like it does though...

Republicans cause more damage than guns ever will. Share Our Wealth

by KVoimakas on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 07:42:09 AM PDT

•  we think different (1+ / 0-)
              KVoimakas