View Diary: Terry McAuliffe (71 comments)

•  Terry McAuliffe is a no-talent fraud, a useless (1+ / 0-)
    buffie

DLC toad at whose doorstep may be laid much of the blame for almost 2 decades of massive Democratic election fail. He's brainless and arrogant, and suffers from one of the worst of all human failings, namely, self-esteem far out of proportion to his actual capacities.

You can tell your friend that, from me.

To put the torture behind us is, inevitably, to put it in front of us.

by UntimelyRippd on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 02:32:04 PM PDT

•  Would you please explain (2+ / 0-)
      JamieG from Md, Bronx59

What exactly is the DLC, and why do you feel so much resentment toward it?   This reminds me of the righties obsessing over ACORN.

And of course Democratic voters staying home had nothing whatever to do with Dem losses, right?  It was all Terry's fault.

•  Democratic Leadership Council (1+ / 0-)
        greenbell

You really should familiarize yourself with their history--it's long and hard to encapsulate. But the long-story-short version is that the DLC was the group built to support center-right Democrats, mostly Southern, but usually ended up trying to contrast its members and policies with progressives instead of Republicans. It was the hippie-punching group within the party.

That might not seem like it means much now, but from about the 1995 Shutdown through the Iraq War vote, the DLC faction was responsible for a hell of a lot of failures to get the party to unify and work cooperatively towards major goals, like stopping unnecessary wars, protecting the courts, et cetera.

(By the by: those of us who were working on races in 2006 know that the work Dean did to get the DNC functioning properly was critical to recapturing Congress, so perhaps a little less irrational Dean-hate is a good idea.)

"Speaking for myself only" - Armando

by JR on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 04:59:06 PM PDT

•  The key word here is "was" (0+ / 0-)

This is history from the last century.

We're living in 2013 and in 2013 either Terry McAuliffe or a Neanderthal named Ken Cuccinelli is going to be the next governor of Virginia.

Get over it.

•  There isn't *a* key word here. (1+ / 0-)
            mudgod

There is, rather, a collection of key words -- tags, if you will. For example:

Hack
            Incompetent
            Self-aggrandizing
            Fail
            Triangulate
            Debacle
            etc.

"Get over it"? That's the best you can offer? How perfectly McAuliffe.  "I'm sure it's uncomfortable, having me shove myself down your throat, but hey, get over it." Here's my answer to that: No. I despise McAuliffe, I will not get over it, I will not get over his refusal to leave the stage to people who have a handful of insight and a pocketful of principles -- unlike his grand self.

To put the torture behind us is, inevitably, to put it in front of us.

by UntimelyRippd on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 08:47:26 PM PDT

•  They were in business until 2011. (0+ / 0-)

I didn't realize 2011 was ancient history.

(I also didn't realize the Iraq War vote was in the last century: I thought it was in 2002.)

I'm not sure why you're hell-bent on being a booster for McAuliffe--God knows I want to see him win as well, and I don't know where you got the opposite idea--but whatever your motive you're doing just an absolutely terrible job of it. Being argumentative and rudely dismissive (especially to people just answering your question) is a pretty bad plan for bringing people around to his camp. You should undertand that there are people who still hold McAuliffe's past actions--from pushing centrists over progressives to his fairly shameful performance as a spokesman for Hillary--against him.

Berating people to try and make them fall in line is a great way to bring about a Cuccinelli administration.

"Speaking for myself only" - Armando

by JR on Thu Mar 21, 2013 at 01:43:01 AM PDT

•  He doesn't need to familiarize himself (0+ / 0-)

with anything. He's a McAuliffe stooge. This whole diary reeks of plantiness. Just look at how comtemptuous wvmcl is of your opinion. Hell, with that smug disregard for the thoughts, opinions, and ideas of people more thoughtful, knowledgeable, and creative than himself, he could be McAuliffe. "What exactly is the DLC ... reminds me of the righties obsessing over ACORN ... history from the last century ..." Does any of that make any sense? Y'know who else was "history from the last century"? Rumsfeld, Cheney, and their assortment of horrible accomplices: Poindexter, Abrams, Negroponte. We're supposed to pretend that suddenly McAuliffe has stopped being a poser and an idiot because ... because ... because it's been 8 years or so since the last time he managed a complete electoral catastrophe?

Please.

To put the torture behind us is, inevitably, to put it in front of us.

by UntimelyRippd on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 08:41:05 PM PDT

•  AHAHAHAHAAHAAH (0+ / 0-)

How old are you, sonny?

To put the torture behind us is, inevitably, to put it in front of us.

by UntimelyRippd on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 06:55:45 PM PDT